MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:00 PM

Question Stellar Records & Sound Choice Statements

Anyone else get an e-mail from karaokestar.com regarding a stepped up effort from Sound Choice and Stellar Records about cracking down people who are using burned discs, hard drives, etc.? Stellar Records also specifically lists Hoster in their statement.

I know the stance by MTU up to this point regarding fair use and such, but is there anything we need to be truly concerned with right now? I own all of my CDG's, of course. But statements like the ones I read sure do sound threatening.

http://www.karaokestar.com/lapharkarsys.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

ADMIN: FACTORY NEWS FLASH... MTU continues to evolve PC Karaoke with digitally stored hard drive files.

Our newest Microstudio 3.004 release has the cleanest import error correction available. Try the demo if you don't believe it.

ADMIN: I've combined 3 separate Threads about what Sound Choice and Stellar Records are doing to INTIMIDATE your venue owners into not hiring you.

After our campaign years ago against KAPA, Sound Choice shut it down and stopped trying to intimidate you Hosts/KJs. Now, they think they have a new "mark" to intimidate.

Isn't it INTERESTING that their press releases have surfaced ONLY at two retail dealers... both of whom were still not selling hard disc software or systems.

Every so often, some one just has to start this rumor mill up again. No laws have changed. MTU paid for LEGAL RESEARCH on the rights of the BUYERS. The MANUFACTURERS will ALWAYS tell you what they "want you to believe", which has never been proven by law.

Read this extensive thread on the legalities discussion.

"Kick it with a tasty groove!"