MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 31st, 2004, 12:44 AM

Installation of Microstudio on 2nd computer

In January, 2004, I purchased Microstudio Version 2.517 and installed it on my notebook computer. My notebook crashed (dead and gone) and I tried to load it on my desktop computer. I downloaded the software from the email address given to me by MTU in January, attempted to install it on my desktop, but get an error message when I try to run it stating my registration code doesn't match. Since I should be able to download the software on two of my computers, and since my notebook is dead, does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can download the software to my desktop. I have my original registration code # and my registration email address. I purchased a Plextor Premium - U CD writer in January, and when my notebook worked, everthing worked fine. I simply want everything to work on my desktop. I would like to get the free upgrade to Microstudio, but after thirty minutes on the MTU website, I was unable to get to anything that would let me do that. I would really appreciate help...Thanks
Old May 31st, 2004, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Find your download instructions email

Your email our store sent to you has the download link in it. Find that, click the link and you will now get 2.604.

It has new error reporting that will tell you if anything you enter is incorrect. Follow the directions if any error messages appear.
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:35 PM

Re: Find your download instructions email

Quote:
Originally posted by admin
Your email our store sent to you has the download link in it. Find that, click the link and you will now get 2.604.

It has new error reporting that will tell you if anything you enter is incorrect. Follow the directions if any error messages appear.
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:46 PM

Thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions and went back to the original email I received on January 1, 2004. I used the "Registration Email" and "Registration Code" on that email from MTU. Everything seemed to be going well, but after installation per instructions, I tried to run the program by clicking the icon on my desktop and got the following message: "Your serial number does not match your registration information. Please reinstall MicroStudio and try again". I did this, but got the same message again when I tried to run the program. Would you please give me guidance as to how to successfully load MicroStudio 2.604 onto my computer? Do I need a different Registration Code, or what do you suggest? Thank You!
Old June 4th, 2004, 12:19 AM

I have tried to install Microstudio several times, but continue to get the error message mentioned in another email I sent to you. When the program tries to run, it tells me that my serial number doesn't match my registration information. I am using the information contained in the email you sent me on January 1, 2004, Registration E-Mail: xxxxxxxxxxxxx / Registration Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I have not been given an upgrade code to enter. Will you please tell me how to install the program, to include all of the information I need to enter to get the program to install properly? I purchased a Plextor Flexwriter Premium-U from you besides the Microstudio software, and I would like to get everything working again. Perhaps the problem is that I am trying to install the program on a different computer since my other computer totally crashed. Perhaps it has something to do with my wanting to install the "free" upgrade from 2.517 to 2.604. Whatever the problem is, I would like to correct it so I can load the program...Help, please!!!
Old June 4th, 2004, 10:29 AM

You don't need to enter an Upgrade code for Microstudio. Are you sure that you have downloaded the Microstudio 2.604 Program? The file that you now have on your computer that you are double clicking on to begin the Setup should be named mstudio2604setup.exe. If not then go back to your email and click on the link to donwload this latest version.

Also, make sure that the User that you are logged onto your computer as, has Administrator Rights. Also make sure that you don't have any software installed on your computer, that is keeping the program from writing to the Registry. If you have anything that is blocking the Registry, then it will never install correctly.
Old June 4th, 2004, 02:47 PM

Brian...

Thank you for your reply. I checked my computer and am the administrator (Jim Noblett). I also checked and have nothing on the computer that restricts my updating the registry. I disabled McAfee Antiviris (thinking that might be causing the problem) but when I tried to install Microstudio, I still get the same message: "Your serial number does not match you registration information." Is there someone I can speak to on the phone that can help me get the program loaded? I need the serial number to match my registration information. I have over 2000 songs loaded on my hard drive I purchased from MTU.com that I can't use, and I need to try to upload other songs to use for church services this weekend. I know this is a bother, but I love your product, and must get it loaded on my computer. Can I get a new registration code or something that will allow the program to download? I am using my own, non-networked, PC and there should be no reason for the program not to recognize who I am and that I purchased and registered to program.

Thank you very much!

Jim Noblett (210-416-5574)