MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 26th, 2002, 01:45 PM

Writ Error Message

I recently started using Microstudio with the Plextor external cd-rw from MTU . It allowed me to make 6 backup copies of discs befroe I started getting a "write error" mesasgae. It will allow me to copy the discs to my hard drive but it will not record them on new blank discs. Any idea on how to correct this?
Old March 26th, 2002, 02:19 PM

Crownprince,
Not for certain, but a good bet that your problem might be covered on the Microstudio Tech Support forum thread titled "sticky:ASPI driver-how to install it" posted by MTU Support.
Hope this is your answer. Please advise either way. Feedback helps us trying to help, to know if problems were cured or not.

Thanks,

George
Old March 27th, 2002, 03:32 PM

Tried using that info to correct the problem but all that did was knock out Microstudio's ability to read my drives. Then I tried slowing down the write speed as someone else suggested and that let me make one more disc before the problem resurfaced . Then I tried a disc defragmentation as another person suggested and when I restarted my computer I got the cd recorder not yet ready message. I have no idea what to try next.
Old March 27th, 2002, 03:56 PM

Well drat! sure hoped that was the answer. Thanks for responding, now support will know you're still in limbo.

Take care,

George
Old March 28th, 2002, 11:18 AM

And not only did the disc fragmentaion fail to work, somehow it caused my computer to no longer recognize my original cd-rw. Now it recognizes my Plextor drive as my D: drive and Microstudio cant' recognize it at all. Now I have to contact my manufactuer to find out how to reinstall my original DVD-Rom and ther reinstall the Plextor drive to function as the E: drive. This is turning out to be more trouble than it's worth.
Crown prince
Old March 28th, 2002, 11:31 AM

Crown Prince,
What operating system are you using? Did you make sure that you made the change under the Drives menu as follows, once you updated your ASPI drivers?

NOTE: If you have Microstudio 2.314 (or later versions) then you will have to make the following change in Microstudio, for this to work.

Once you have downloaded and installed the above files do the following:

1) Open Microstudio
2) Go to the Drives Menu
3) Select ASPI Drivers...
4) Change this selection from "Use the MTU installed driver" to "Use the default driver"
5) Close Microstudio and reopen it for this to take affect.
Old March 28th, 2002, 01:42 PM

I followed those steps to the letter on Sunday and everything I copied on Sunday was recorded successfully. Every time I tried to make copies after that I got the write error message and the Plextor drive ejected my disc. Fortunately I tested it on cdr-w, because if I hadn't I probably would have ruined several CDrs.
I have tried several times to correct whatever the problem is but nothing so far has worked. I was able to copy to my hard drive but not to discs. I've tried many of the suggestoins listed in this and the tech forums but things are just getting worse. I am using Windows XP.
Crown prince
p.s. I purchaesd the Plextor drive just over a week ago at $260 and I looked today and now it sells for $230 I wish I had known abot the reduced price. I would have waited and bought it this week.
Old March 28th, 2002, 03:12 PM

CrownPrince,
Check to make sure the BurnProof is checked under the drives menu. This should make a difference on this drive for sure, being the USB drive. If this doesn't do anything, I would start looking at other drivers, such as the Motherboard drivers, which include the drivers for the USB ports.