MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 27th, 2005, 07:56 PM

Garbled Words On Laptop Problem Solved

I believe I have solved a problem several people have inquired about. I am not sure if the problem was resolved, however I did not see any with a search.

After struggling with trying different things to get the laptop screen to come up right on a play mode. I finally let my dad take a crack at it(computer expert).

After three hours this is what we tried. Give it a whirl

1. Go to where you can control the hardware accelleration on your computer. We found mine by doing a screen troubleshooting (my system is XP).

2. Once you find this place you will probably see the accelleration at full. When you installed DirectX it put it at full.

3. Drop it back to about 60%. Be aware that you will get a notice that portions of DirectX will be disabled . Yes you read that right and yes I read the manual. Disable it.

What we found to be happening... it looks like the computer was going faster then the software could handle (I am not a computer expert though, so if someone tries this and has an explanation who is please let me know

It seems to be working perfectly fine now. I am not sure if doing what I have done will adversly affect other portions of this software though. So far it seems to be working fine though.

Michael

Last edited by admin; March 1st, 2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old February 28th, 2005, 09:54 AM

Re: Garbled Words On Laptop Problem Solved

Michael,

Good job...sorry didn't see a post regarding this problem. Might have saved you a hassle.

If you need it in the future, there's an easy way to access the Hardware accellerators, which have been used to cure many audio/video conflict problems.

Anyway...

Click START, RUN, type in DXDIAG, click OK.

When dxdiag opens, across the top will be the tabs for the audio devices installed. Opening them will access the Hardware Accellerator sliders. The first tab is usually the sound card and is the one that generally needs adjusting.

Hope this helps in the future.

George
Old February 28th, 2005, 05:20 PM

Oops,
Also missed it George. It is also located in the FAQ's at: www.mtu.com/kb
Old February 28th, 2005, 06:09 PM

Cool Thanks much. Is the reason I thought pretty much what is going on or it it different. Going to the FAQ now.