MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 14th, 2006, 09:23 AM

importing tracks on sound choice 8704 cdg

On this cdg only, I cannot import tracks. Keep getting message, unable to read audio sectors, "Illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 64h 00h).

when I first tried to read tracks, only one track came up for a second and dissappeared. then all 15 tracks came up. tried to import tracks individually, but get same message on all tracks.

Closed microstudio and removed cdg and started all over. didn't get the first track for a second, but still get the same message.

tried sound choice 8951 and it showed the 16 tracks, and by deselecting the 16th track, I could import the 15 tracks.
Old September 14th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

This CDG from Sound Choice has a security protection on it called mediacloq. It will allow a CDG player to play the files but you cannot play them through a computer. Sound Choice used this protection for a short period of time to prevent copying of their CDs.

You can contact Sound Choice and request a replacement CD without the mediacloq. They have been gracious enough to do that.
Old September 14th, 2006, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prober
On this cdg only, I cannot import tracks. Keep getting message, unable to read audio sectors, "Illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 64h 00h).

when I first tried to read tracks, only one track came up for a second and dissappeared. then all 15 tracks came up. tried to import tracks individually, but get same message on all tracks.

Closed microstudio and removed cdg and started all over. didn't get the first track for a second, but still get the same message.

tried sound choice 8951 and it showed the 16 tracks, and by deselecting the 16th track, I could import the 15 tracks.
Most of the SC discs from 8700-8739 as well as any reprints of earlier discs were using the mediacoq protection as well as some of the star series and power picks that came out at that time.
Dale is right, call SC and they will replace it for you if it's not yet discontinued
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old September 14th, 2006, 12:32 PM

Prober,

There have been two types of copy protection used to date.

One is called Mediaclog, and the other is called Multisession.

Dale has corrrectly advised you on the Mediaclog type. Mediaclog protected discs are usually identified as such on the disc hub.

The one where you have obviously found one of the workarounds is the Multisession type. There are other methods of getting around Multisession reported on the forums. Just search Multisession if you care to read about them.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion you may have as to why one will copy and the other won't.

Last edited by George; September 14th, 2006 at 12:38 PM.