MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 13th, 2004, 04:01 PM

Angry Sound Choice - AGAIN

Even with the removal of the cloq protection, the newer SC discs cannot be copied or imported. Since by law we are entitled to make backup copies for our own protection (we keep the originals in a safe place & use the copies whenever possible), SC has in reality infringed on my right to protect my investment. I understand why they think it necessary to keep "pirates" from creating custom CD+G's, but there must be a way for us to copy/clone for backup/archival purposes.

Anyone out there got an answer????
Old August 13th, 2004, 04:42 PM

Thumbs up Re: Sound Choice - AGAIN

I have not encountered any problems importing or backing-up the latest disc by this manufacturer. All tracks, except for the last track, were a straight shot. You will need to use the "multisession extraction technique" for the last track on these disc.

Good luck,

kj n texas
Old August 13th, 2004, 05:27 PM

Re: Sound Choice - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolf67
Even with the removal of the cloq protection, the newer SC discs cannot be copied or imported. Since by law we are entitled to make backup copies for our own protection (we keep the originals in a safe place & use the copies whenever possible), SC has in reality infringed on my right to protect my investment. I understand why they think it necessary to keep "pirates" from creating custom CD+G's, but there must be a way for us to copy/clone for backup/archival purposes.

Anyone out there got an answer????
Have you tried with Microstudio or another software? Micro will do it but MOST other software can't even see the audio track on a SC disk!!
Old August 13th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Frequent Member

Answers to multisession are all over forum, just search for multisession. they real are not a problem when you use micro-studio.Bob
Old August 20th, 2004, 09:08 PM

Guess the best bet is to buy your music from chartbusters or top hits. Karaoke freedom has all sound choice and they can be backed up.
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:40 PM

I'm having problems with some Sound Choice CDs as well. One of them is labeled as Media Clog, others are not.

I can use the Import Track function in Microstudio to import all but the last track. It sees that track, and attempts to import it, but fails immediately upon attempting to write that track, leaving a 0 kb file in my directory.

I've been able to use the Import Track function to 'copy' all of my copy-protected CDs with the exception of some Sound Choice.

Any ideas on how to get this last track?

I have been reading the forums for the last few hours and found numerous posts discussing this issue, but the fix does not work for a few of my discs.
Old March 10th, 2005, 03:06 PM

Chartbuster is also using the multisession format.
Old May 29th, 2005, 12:01 AM

Chartbuster using Multi session

Hi all
I can attest to the fact that Chartbuster is using Multi session, I have about 50 of them that I could not import the last song on the disc to hoster. Doe's anyone know if they use the media clog on them as well? I have 2 of my discs that my reader a Plextor 716uf won't recognize It just sits and hangs up. I called Chartbuster about it and they laughed and said they don't make discs to run on computers. Good thing one is christmas disk. and other a country disk no body ever requests from but I would still like to find a way to import them to Hoster. Will microstudio help?
John
Old May 29th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Frequent Member

multisession

Hi' John chartbuster is multisession, but they do not use media cloq. and yes micro studio is a must have program for multi session disc. they are easy. pm me and i will explain. then you can laugh at chartbuster. Bob
Old May 29th, 2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaoke John
Hi all
I can attest to the fact that Chartbuster is using Multi session, I have about 50 of them that I could not import the last song on the disc to hoster. Doe's anyone know if they use the media clog on them as well? I have 2 of my discs that my reader a Plextor 716uf won't recognize It just sits and hangs up. I called Chartbuster about it and they laughed and said they don't make discs to run on computers. Good thing one is christmas disk. and other a country disk no body ever requests from but I would still like to find a way to import them to Hoster. Will microstudio help?
John
Watch the recording bar and as soon as it hangs up push your eject button you will get an error, pay no attention to it. Look on your hard drive and it will be there complete. Then laugh at Chartbusters. Make sure you play it to see if you have it all. Take care and have fun. Swany