MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 11th, 2004, 03:06 PM

Question microstudio 2604

up graded one program works fine
purchased another full program for second system and it will not work at all. have downloaded and registered with floppy several times and still get the same response sn does not match registration info. the demo version will install and works fine. whats the problem here ? our phone call the other day was interrupted and i have not been able to get back.

terry staley
Old June 12th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Try again

Terry,

I see you have installed your new Microstudio2600n RegCode on one computer, and used an older RegCode (ordered 8/18/03) to install 2.604 on another computer.

There were 3 Registration records for your prior code, so I deleted one of them.

Try to install again. You should use the newer RegCode you received on order #15925 (ends in ...9002). Try that one instead of the one ending ...25e9.

Let us know what happens.
Old June 13th, 2004, 11:44 PM

Angry microstudio 2604

order#15925 is the update.
order#16205 is the new order for the full verision.
i have problem with the update the problem is with the new full version.
the registration code ends with c8fd not the above.

now what ?????????????????

terry staley
Old June 14th, 2004, 03:09 PM

Terry,
Please delete the contents on the Floppy Disc. Then ReRun the installation on the Computer that you are trying to install the software on. Once you have done this, then take your Floppy Disc to a computer that has Internet connection. Once this is done, then place it back in your computer, that you just created the Floppy Disc on. Then Restart the Installation, it should read that there is a floppy disc in the computer, and then it will begin finishing the installation. Once this is done, it should work.

The only way that I know you can get this error message is if you have a Floppy disc in the computer, from a prior systems registration and it thinks that is is the same system. It will then give you this error.

Please let me know what you find.
Old June 14th, 2004, 03:43 PM

microstudio 2604

order#16205 dated june 08, 2004 8:54 a.m.
registration code ending with c8fd
used program downloaded from personal download link
used brand new floppy disk never used before
still comes up with same result.
i think you system is crossing the registrations or the serial number code on order#16205 is wrong

terry staley
Old June 14th, 2004, 04:36 PM

Terry,
I just used your Exact Regcode from this order number, and it worked perfect on my computer. Is the Installation asking you for a RegCode or is it skipping this. There has to be something on your computer that is causing this. I tested this by entering your Information, email and RegCode and it worked perfect on my computer.

Are you logged on as the Administrator of this computer? If not, then try to log on as Admin and then try and see what happens.
Old June 14th, 2004, 06:13 PM

2604 ?????

still get the same results
i tried to install on different computer with same results this was a mistake i think.
all i want is for the program i purchased to register and work.
where do we go from here????

terry staley
Old June 14th, 2004, 08:32 PM

2604 ????

i have went back to using the first program i bought from you and it works fine. my solution to the problem is refund my money.
i have destroyed all floppydiscs and program copies and have deleted all emails with links. i dont have time to be tied up trying to get a program working.

terry staley
Old June 15th, 2004, 10:22 AM

Terry,
I think I found the problem. If your Operating System, Windows, is installed on any drive other than the C:\ drive there is no way to make the security work.

If you have it installed on the D:\, E:\, or F:\ or any other drive, then this problem will occur. There is no way around this, but to reformat the computer and load the Operating system on the C:\ drive. The Operating system always must be installed on the C:\ drive.

Please let me know what drive yours is installed on.
Old June 15th, 2004, 11:54 AM

2604 ????

MY COMPUTER HAS ONLY ONE HARD DRIVE AND THAT IS THE C DRIVE.
JUST REFUND THE MONEY.

TERRY STALEY
Old June 17th, 2004, 10:47 AM

2604 ?????

still waiting for reply. i also see that other people are having the same problem. to me this shows the problem is on your side of the fence.

terry staley
Old June 18th, 2004, 11:02 AM

Thumbs down 2604 ?????

i am still waiting for your reply !

terry staley
Old June 21st, 2004, 03:04 PM

2604 ????

I GUESS I SEE WHERE THIS IS LEADING I'VE MADE THE POWERS AT BE MAD SO THEY REFUSE TO ANWSER I FEEL THAT YOUR SYSTEM IS IN ERROR AND AT PRESENT I FEEL CHEATED IN THAT YOU HAVE MY MONEY AND I HAVE NOTHING WORTH HAVING UNTIL I AM PROVEN WRONG WHICH MAY BE THE CASE IFEEL THAT THE BUYER MUST BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILLIAM TERRY STALEY
FORT GAY, WV
DUSK TO DAWN KARAOKE
Old June 21st, 2004, 05:36 PM

Terry,
I have tested this on my Windows 98SE system and over and over it works without any problems. I am still trying to figure out what could be different on your system. I have had 2 other clients, that had the same problem. They have fixed them by finishing the Windows Updates, this is what has fixed this issue. Go to the Start Menu\Click Windows Update. Click the Scan for Updates. Once this is done, look on the left hand side. Make sure that beside Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition has (0) in the Parenthesis. If there is any number in this, then you must install these updates or it will never work. Please double check this for me, and let me know for sure if this says (0). If not then let me know that also.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 01:59 AM

2604 ????

I DON'T HAVE WINDOWS 98 OR 98SE I USE WINDOWS ME AND IT IS UP TO DATE AS OF THIS EVENING. I STILL THINK THE PROBLEM IS IN THE PROGRAM INFORMATION.

TERRY STALEY
Old June 23rd, 2004, 11:09 AM

Terry,
I am sorry for the Run around of tryin to get this fixed on your system.

I just found that this is a bug in our security. It only occurs with Windows 98 SE or ME. For this to work on this system, at this moment you will need to install a network card. I will email you about this.

We are going to try to get the engineer to fix this, but it may be a few weeks before he gets it fixed.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:36 PM

2604 ?????

HERE IT IS JULY 2nd AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE AN OPERATIONAL PROGRAM. HAVE MAILED YOU A LETTER WITH NO REPLY. CAN'T GET ANYBODY BY PHONE,CAN'T GET ANY BODY BY EMAIL AND HAVE USED THIS FORUM TO NO AVAIL. I GET BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM SMALLER COMPANIES WITH LESS EMPLOYEES AND ARE JUST AS BUSY AS MTU.

TERRY STALEY
Old July 2nd, 2004, 02:13 PM

Re: 2604 ?????

Quote:
Originally posted by TERRY
HERE IT IS JULY 2nd AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE AN OPERATIONAL PROGRAM. HAVE MAILED YOU A LETTER WITH NO REPLY. CAN'T GET ANYBODY BY PHONE,CAN'T GET ANY BODY BY EMAIL AND HAVE USED THIS FORUM TO NO AVAIL. I GET BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM SMALLER COMPANIES WITH LESS EMPLOYEES AND ARE JUST AS BUSY AS MTU.

TERRY STALEY
MTU's reaction in your case is a little strange!They've admited that it's their fault and you ask for a refund and still nothing?

All I can say is that they normally don't act that way but in your case...

Good Luck & hope you can find a way to get Micro to work.
Old July 3rd, 2004, 03:06 AM

2604 ?????

WHAT REALY UPSETS ME ABOUT THIS IS THAT I OWN SEVERAL OF THE MTU BURNER DRIVES AND MANY OF THE PROGRAMS. BEFORE I'VE ALWAYS HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ALSO TALKING TO MTU'S REPS. BUT NOW I FELL THAT I AM NOT BEING TREATED AS A RETURN CUSTOMER AT ALL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN.

WILLIAM TERY STALEY
DUSK TO DAWN KARAOKE
FORT GAY,WV
USA
Old July 3rd, 2004, 03:32 AM

2604 ?????

LET ME BACKUP AND WITH HOLD JUDGEMENT. I JUST RECIEVED AN EMAIL NOTICE OF A PACKAGE DELIVERY BY UPS DUE AT MY LOCATION FROM MTU ON JULY 7th. WILL LET ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS THEN.

TERRY STALEY