MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:47 AM

Question MicroStudio Registration Question

Does anyone know, is the registration of MicroStudio subject to the MAC address of the Ethernet Adapter in your PC? I am contemplating changing my Ethernet Adapter to a Wireless PCI adapter, will this affect my license of MicroStudio? What on the PC is identified in the registration process?
Old April 22nd, 2004, 08:50 AM

I believe it will depend on which version of Microstudio you have. The current version 2517 does not require an ethernet card.

For a period of time prior to the 25XX series an ethernet card was required, and before that, none was required.

I don't remember exactly which versions were the break points on the changes.

I'd suggest if you have a 24XX or prior version to upgrade to the current 2517 then it will make no difference whether you change ethernet cards or not.

If you don't want to do that, then I'm sure MTU will work with you in convertinng to a new ethernet I.D. if your current version is ethernet based.

Hope this helps,

George
Old April 22nd, 2004, 09:03 AM

How then does MTU recognise the PC hardware installed on under version 2.517? What is recognised on the PC?
Old April 22nd, 2004, 09:26 AM

Don't have the foggiest notion as to any specific details. I'd expect that's on a need to know basis.

Take care,

George
Old April 22nd, 2004, 09:37 AM

What then is safe to change on your PC, the operating System, the PC Name, the Motherboard? I'm only asking in case I ever upgrade my Motherboard/Network Adapter/Operating System/PC Name etc

What are the rules? It would be good to know, if we are only aloud a few installations on the same hardware.

Can someone at MTU clarify this!
Old April 22nd, 2004, 10:15 AM

Fynotfi,
You can install the software on up to 3 computes total, so you won't need to worry about this. We are not able to disclose what our security uses in the system.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 10:29 AM

I Believe Microstudio can be installed on 3 computers. and on any one of those 3 any number of times.

If you change motherboard, processor, ethernet card & Video card, I would consider that a different computer.

While people do update systems, MTU is Not going to tell you WHat makes their security works. This would be an open Invitation to hackers to Break the program for free distribution.

Microstudio is a Very inexpensive program. if you figure you can put it on 3 computers, that is something like $13.00 a copy for the program. Do you know of any program on the market with as many features and support as microstudio for that price.

If you have only put it on your computer, and you have microstudio 2.517, then you can build another computer and it should install.

I am not speaking for MTU, but from Common sense. I hope to see MTU in Business for years to come. They have the Best programs on the market, and their programmers I'm sure are #1.

If it were left to hackers, No one would be in business.

Take Care....
Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Microstudio is licensed to install on ONE computer

WARNING: DO NOT install Microstudio on more than one computer at a time!

The reason we allow installing 3 times is exactly for your question. You can upgrade or replace your computer two times.

However, if you have installed Microstudio on 3 computers already, which violates your License Agreement, then you will need to purchase another copy when one of the computers you are installed on needs upgrading or replacing.

We do not disclose what our fingerprint includes for security reasons.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:53 AM

I am not asking for MTU to disclose what their fingerprint includes.
I am just suggesting a list of what is safe to upgrade on my PC before it becomes a requirement to reinstall MicroStudio 2.517.

I also hope to see MTU in Business for years to come. And I realise it is a very inexpensive program at only $13.00 per copy.

But a guideline to upgrading would be nice.