MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 13th, 2004, 10:26 AM

Unhappy Can't install from disk

I have V2.315. I have reformatted my computer (OS XP pro). When I attempt to reinstall Microstudio I reach the screen where I enter my email add. then my code #. When I click on 'next' I wind up back at the starting screen. It will just not install. If I upgrade will I recieve a new install disk?
What to do?
Thanks,
subvetss

PS: It also does the same on my lap top. Will not install.
Old February 13th, 2004, 10:45 AM

a suggestion is do all windows updates, and make sure your ehternet card driver is installed. The programs tie to the ethernet card on the computer, if the driver isnt installed and working, it wont install.

hope this helps.............
Old February 24th, 2004, 06:23 AM

just installed plextor 708a in 600mhz system running win98, microstudio 2.4 was installed but wouldnt recognise new drive as cd+g capable.

followed suggestion in other posts to remove & reinstall Microstudio but the install process dies after entering his email & s/n. ethernet card is installed & functioning, but the system is not actually connected to any network at this point in time.

Do i need to connect his system to a network to get it fully recognised or something else i have missed?
Old February 25th, 2004, 07:26 AM

Well to start with the version 2.4 will not see the plextor 708. you need 2.517. As far as the installation problem. It sounds strange. I think I will let admin answer this one. Sounds like maybe you aren't connected to the internet. because this is nessicary for installation.

also I think that win98se or later is required.
Old February 25th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Administrator

You need to upgrade to recognize the 708a drive

Microstudio 2.400 simply can't identify your new drive, which did not exist when we released 2.400. You need to order the $15 upgrade to get 2.517, which will recognize the 708a drive.

One correction, v2.400 does not require a network card. It only used the email and serial number to install.

V2.517 does require the computer to be on-line to the Internet, or you can use a Floppy Disc to complete the registration on a different computer, then take the FD back to the target computer you want to install on and finish the installation. Just follow the directions.

Yes, if you don't have Windows 98 SE, you need to upgrade to that. Plain 98 is no longer supported by Microsoft... or MTU.