MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 10th, 2003, 07:55 PM

Question Microstudio V2.315

I am trying to install,and I put in my email address,and serial # and it just keeps going back to that page asking for it again,it will not install.I have reinstalled a few times because of reformatting is there a certain limit as to how many times I can install.Or does anyone else have any suggestions.I had it installed before the format same windows xp.Any help would be really appreciated.Thanks...
Old April 11th, 2003, 11:52 AM

Sometimes after a couple of failed installation attempts it's best to re-boot the computer.

Readers will think I've gone over the edge, but there is a rare anomaly that can happen when entering serial numbers. I know 'cause it happened to me.

A couple of years ago, I spent a good hour trying to install Microstudio and kept getting failed attempts. I was manually entering the serial number and must have made an error on my first try.

Now here's the wierd part. I got curious and positioned the curser at the end of the window and just sat on the delete key. All of a sudden characters started appearing and deleting. I called my wife into the room and showed her. I have no idea how many characters streamed by before they were all gone, but once they were, my next attempt succeeded. Obviously a serial number of several hundred characters would not be accepted.

The only thing I can figure is although the screen appeared blank when I started each new attempt, the failed inputs were still in the background.

That's why the suggestion for re-booting.

When entering the serial number it's best to copy and paste it.

If you must manually input the serial number , remember it is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as shown in your email. Also there are no "i"s or "o"s, they are all ONES or ZEROS.

Sorry for the long drawn out explanation of a little known possibility, but it explains the re-boot suggestion.

This may not be the case in your situation, but on the surface it does sound like the serial number is being rejected.

Regarding the number of times you can install, when downloading, it's best to download to "save", rather than open. Tell it to save to the Microstudio folder in the program files. This way you avoid to a great degree download glitches, and also have it right there in the Microstudio folder to install whenever you need to. The file will download as Microstudio2315.exe
You simply double click on that file to start the installation. You can also copy that file, along with your serial number to a cd for safekeeping in case of a pc crash.

Hope it's that simple for you.

George

Last edited by George; April 11th, 2003 at 05:25 PM.
Old April 11th, 2003, 05:09 PM

Thumbs up

George,You have been soooo helpful it worked.I love how you explained it all. Thanks!!I finally did do the copy and paste thing after about 5 times of putting it in manually.Those seriel numbers are not short.:>) I also had a couple of 0's in it and I tried it both ways and its good to know what you said about there not being any o's just zero's. Thnks again it made my day...Toi
Old April 11th, 2003, 05:26 PM

TOI,

Glad you got it.

George