MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 29th, 2003, 10:02 AM

Question Singing Machine

My copied CDG's do not play on a most recently purchased Singing Machine Player. Has anyone else had trouble with this ? Does anyone know why ? Seems that it will not recognize the disk. It plays regular CD's and the CDG that came with it. I have microstudio 2.315. And a PleXwriter ( purchased from MTU) 40/12/40A .

Jerry
Old March 30th, 2003, 09:56 AM

Laser

Jerry
I think that the problem with these machines is that the laser efficiency varies from equipment to equipment. The last time I purchased Karaoke equipment I took a couple of CDGs that I had made with an older version of KHPro. It played in some but not in others. The way it was explained to me is that the power in the laser used to read the tracks varies. Sorry I can not help you more than that.

BANDL
Old March 30th, 2003, 11:29 AM

Recording speed

I found that I need to record at about 6x speed in order to be reasonably assured that my disk will work on the machine where I like to go. Even then I cross my fingers! I hear some people say that they need to run it at 1x.

Wouldn't it be nice if in the future, we're talking Star Trek future, Microstudio Play could be programmed to play like a difficult machine? We could know if our stuff would play on a machine we might buy or a place we might go to.