MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 8th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Post Hoster 5.07 Problems Here

Version 5.07 released May 7, 2012.

Click here to read the changes, and download the new code.

We changed the Installation program so it preserves your "prior" Hoster, renaming it to "HosterPrior" with a new Desktop icon created for it. Then it installs Hoster 5.07 as your new "Hoster", using your pre-existing Desktop icon.
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM
VIP

Re: Post Hoster 5.07 Problems Here

You indicated that the Remove Silence default delay is set at 2. When I go to the Remove Silence screen the delay is at 0. If I leave it at 0 the garbled problems still exist if there is a key change. As previously reported, if I set the delay to 1, the problem goes away.

Walt
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:41 PM

I just uploaded 5.07 and did some editing on my song data base and picked the file my songs were in to do a build database and now I can't find any of my songs. Looking through my files they are still there, but now Hoster won't read them. I don't know what a DSN is and I'm frustrated... please someone tell me how to get my songs back! I had over 40,000

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsings View Post
I just uploaded 5.07 and did some editing on my song data base and picked the file my songs were in to do a build database and now I can't find any of my songs. Looking through my files they are still there, but now Hoster won't read them. I don't know what a DSN is and I'm frustrated... please someone tell me how to get my songs back! I had over 40,000
Did you edit in Hoster edit dialog or some other way ?
Did you edit before loading 5.07 ?
What did you edit ?
Have you tried starting the HosterPrior version ?
Are you seeing an error box regarding DSN if so can you state exactly what it says.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Did you edit in Hoster edit dialog or some other way ?
Did you edit before loading 5.07 ?
What did you edit ?
Have you tried starting the HosterPrior version ?
Yes I edited before 07, I was editing and deleting songs in my database, and I did try opening prior and it would let me. I just need to know how to get my data back. I had it in a file called MTU\Hoster\songs\mdb and I added that to my files to include but it just erased them

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:12 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
You indicated that the Remove Silence default delay is set at 2. When I go to the Remove Silence screen the delay is at 0. If I leave it at 0 the garbled problems still exist if there is a key change. As previously reported, if I set the delay to 1, the problem goes away.

Walt
I just discovered another problem with a Music Maestro Disk. It is MM6398 track 1, "Bringin' It Back". It has the garbled sound also if the key is lowered but what is different about this song is; If remove silence is on or off and you set the start song delay at any number, 0 thru 9, it starts at the same point. In other words you cannot change the start point. On this particular song in order to remove the garbled sound you cannot use key change. Sorry I didn't discover this before.

Walt
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:16 PM
VIP

Quote:
Yes I edited before 07, I was editing and deleting songs in my database, and I did try opening prior and it would let me. I just need to know how to get my data back. I had it in a file called MTU\Hoster\songs\mdb and I added that to my files to include but it just erased them
One of the questions Roy asked you," Did you try the prior version to see if you songs were available in that version". Also, do you have a backup of your songs?

Walt
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
One of the questions Roy asked you," Did you try the prior version to see if you songs were available in that version". Also, do you have a backup of your songs?

Walt
I did try the prior and no songs were available! They are still on my computer but Hoster isn't recognizing the file name. It won't add the songs back to the program. I don't have room on my hard drive to add another file for Hoster to run from!

Old May 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM
VIP

Quote:
I did try the prior and no songs were available! They are still on my computer but Hoster isn't recognizing the file name. It won't add the songs back to the program. I don't have room on my hard drive to add another file for Hoster to run from!
If you click on the tools menu and then songs data base, do you see your folder where your songs are stored?

Walt
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
When I stated Prior what I mean is when you install this new version it should leave your previouse version on your desktop but rename it HosterPrior, so you should see 2 Hoster icons one will start the new 5.07 and the other will start whatever version you had previously, is that what you mean when you say you "and I did try opening prior and it would let me" ?

The next thing you say is "and I added that to my files to include "
Where did you Add it ?
You shouldn't have to add that file anywhere songs.mdb should stay in C:/MTU/Hoster folder.

Try this see if it gets you going, Open your C:/MTU/Hoster folder delete the songs.mdb. then find "songs_backup.mdb" and rename it songs.mdb
See if that gets you started.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:34 PM

Cool Re: Post Hoster 5.07 Problems Here

Quote:
When I stated Prior what I mean is when you install this new version it should leave your previouse version on your desktop but rename it HosterPrior, so you should see 2 Hoster icons one will start the new 5.07 and the other will start whatever version you had previously, is that what you mean when you say you "and I did try opening prior and it would let me" ?

The next thing you say is "and I added that to my files to include "
Where did you Add it ?
You shouldn't have to add that file anywhere songs.mdb should stay in C:/MTU/Hoster folder.

Try this see if it gets you going, Open your C:/MTU/Hoster folder delete the songs.mdb. then find "songs_backup.mdb" and rename it songs.mdb
See if that gets you started.
I understood what the prior version is. I deleted the song.mdb and renamed the song_backup to song.mdb and it doesn't see any songs..... Ok, this is what I did, I ended up recopying my data into the song.mdb file, and it is now recognizing the songs and is doing a restore as we speak. I will keep you posted. Thanks you for your assistance!

Last edited by jcsings; May 8th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Post # 8 you say "I don't have room on my hard drive to add another file for Hoster to run from!"

Don't you have any free space on your drive ?
It is recommended to have at least 25% free space.

Are all your files on your C/ drive or do you have your songs on an external drive ?
If they are on an external drive check that the volume letter hasn't changed from what it was originally.
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Post # 8 you say "I don't have room on my hard drive to add another file for Hoster to run from!"

Don't you have any free space on your drive ?
It is recommended to have at least 25% free space.

Are all your files on your C/ drive or do you have your songs on an external drive ?
If they are on an external drive check that the volume letter hasn't changed from what it was originally.
I didn't need to add them again, and I have over half my hard drive available. I just meant if I added them again, I wouldn't have the 25% left.

Old May 8th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

You didn't answer all the questions.
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer all the questions.
I have plenty of space, I moved my songs all to a new file for MTU songs, and it seems to be uploading to the database as we speak. I run the file on my c drive, no external

Old May 8th, 2012, 07:09 PM

IT WORKED!!!!!

Old May 8th, 2012, 08:26 PM
VIP

Quote:
I just discovered another problem with a Music Maestro Disk. It is MM6398 track 1, "Bringin' It Back". It has the garbled sound also if the key is lowered but what is different about this song is; If remove silence is on or off and you set the start song delay at any number, 0 thru 9, it starts at the same point. In other words you cannot change the start point. On this particular song in order to remove the garbled sound you cannot use key change. Sorry I didn't discover this before.

Walt
Here is a little more information in regards to this particular song. In the edit song screen the remove silence pointer is set at 0.00. If I turn the remove silence off the garbled sound still occurs if I use key change. If I don't use key change the song plays perfectly.

Walt
Old May 8th, 2012, 08:40 PM
VIP

Quote:
I had that happen in 5.06. I went into edit songs to delete a duplicate and it somehow deleted my whole database.
PITA, but just do a rebuild and you should be good to go!

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Walt
We just discovered you are correct.

We may get a new 5.07"." uploaded to fix this. We'll notify everyone if we do this.
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
You wrote "MTU\Hoster\songs\mdb".
Did you mean "MTU\Hoster\songs.mdb".?

This IS your songs.mdb database. You should not add it into the Build Songs Database "Included List" of folders. Remove it from there, if it's still present.

Please read the manual topic on the "Build Songs Database" so you understand how to build this by adding FOLDERS, not including the songs.mdb DATABASE it will rebuild.

Quote:
I don't know what a DSN is and I'm frustrated... please someone tell me how to get my songs back! I had over 40,000
OK, it sounds like you have been infected with the "DNS Malware Virus", which I assure you MTU or Hoster did NOT infect you.

Check here to see if your computer has it.

Read about removing it at the FBI website.