MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 30th, 2009, 02:27 PM

Using Hoster 4.09 for Videos

Hi Guys & Gals...Hoster 4.09...I can pull a .mpeg into playlist...hit play and as long as I have the secondary screen overlaying the hoster program abit works fine but if I doulble click to make full screen on other monitor.. all black...even if i restart Hoster or Reboot Computer....I like saving InstaButtons for sound effect...but I have to use for the vids now ...what is the best format for bringing video into the hoster program from video folder that actually works...avi uses a lot of gigs....is there any other format better

Thank You All
Old May 30th, 2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHEA View Post
Hi Guys & Gals...Hoster 4.09...I can pull a .mpeg into playlist...hit play and as long as I have the secondary screen overlaying the hoster program abit works fine but if I doulble click to make full screen on other monitor.. all black...even if i restart Hoster or Reboot Computer....I like saving InstaButtons for sound effect...but I have to use for the vids now ...what is the best format for bringing video into the hoster program from video folder that actually works...avi uses a lot of gigs....is there any other format better

Thank You All
I'm having the exact same problem. Hope someone has a solution.
Old May 30th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob schroyer View Post
I'm having the exact same problem. Hope someone has a solution.
Hoster 4.0 worked with the vids....maybe if they are going to be this way ....we need more insta buttons...I run alot of vids of taped shows that I do...The People love seeing themselves sing....
Old May 30th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Vista or XP?
Nothing was changed in this area but that doesn't mean that something didn't break. I don't use Videos nor do I have a secondary monitor set-up here at home, so can't test this right now.
Old May 30th, 2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Vista or XP?
Nothing was changed in this area but that doesn't mean that something didn't break. I don't use Videos nor do I have a secondary monitor set-up here at home, so can't test this right now.
XP all updates and plenty of ram. I also had this prob in 4.08 but since I don't use videos very often I didn't worry about it.
Old May 30th, 2009, 06:14 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHEA View Post

Thank You All
I had this problem one time after updating my graphics card driver. Rolled back the driver and all was well again.

Maybe try updating your driver with a newer or slightly older driver.

I had all my VCD stuff ripped to avi at one time to save space but the audio quality was really crappy so I went back to the original .dat and .mpeg's.
With large HD's so cheap now it doesn't make economic sense to try and save a few megabytes.

IMHO
Sam
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:44 PM
VIP

Just a thought

Select the "intermission" tab on the "Show" display, and make sure that the "Always on - Click..." is checked, as it may cause problems with video's in dual display if it is unchecked.

Sam
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:32 PM

Rolling Back the Video Card Driver

I'll try to roll bavideo drivers and see....I think it's time to also upgrade to a bigger HardDrive....Thanks ...Much Appreciated....
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

One thing too is MTU recommends you don't do any "Hardware Upgrades" at all through Microsoft. Those are usually behind or generic upgrades that don't work with all cards.
There have been problems when users have used the Microsoft Hardware Upgrades.