MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 25th, 2008, 10:38 AM

Step by Step Help?

Hi,

I've tried and tried to contact MTU but NO LUCK...it was pretty easy when I wanted to order the Hoster Durable Laptop (with everything there)....they called me back QUICKLY.
Now that I have it for over 3 wks now....it's been quite useless as I am clueless as to what to do. It was explained to me that it is really easy...well NO it's not -for me anyways.
Can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me.
I need to know how to download my CDG disks that I OWN to this machine and exactly (step by step) how to do it.
there are many files that I have no clue about. I really want to make this work.
Also, then I would want new books....I need step by step.
They should have a MTU book for dummies...I'd buy it!

Thanks to anyone who will help me.

and it's really difficult for me to prob. find this thread (although I'm adding to favorites).

THANKS!
Michelle

Last edited by Michelle; October 25th, 2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

According to the KIAA there are currently no legal download sites. That would mean none of them have a license with any producer for on-line download sites.
Your best bet is to buy production CDs either through the company or an on-line store. Just be sure they come in the original packaging.
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:46 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Hi,

I've tried and tried to contact MTU but NO LUCK...it was pretty easy when I wanted to order the Hoster Durable Laptop (with everything there)....they called me back QUICKLY.
Now that I have it for over 3 wks now....it's been quite useless as I am clueless as to what to do. It was explained to me that it is really easy...well NO it's not -for me anyways.
I need to know how to download my CDG disks to this machine and exactly (step by step) how to do it.
there are many files that I have no clue about. I really want to make this work.

and it's really difficult for me to prob. find this thread (although I'm adding to favorites).

THANKS!
Michelle

you should start a new thread for this.

its all in the manual under the help tab in the program.

what ever you do when your done importing all your files, back them up !!!

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:48 AM

It won't let me start a new thread......
I really wanted to.
I looked thru the directions...no luck (not for me unless I'm really clueless and not looking in the right place)....it's a shame as I feel like giving up and sending the laptop back.
:(
MIchelle
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:57 AM
VIP

if the program is already installed, all you need to do is put your cdg in the computer open the program and hit import from cd. select the tracks you want to import.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old October 25th, 2008, 11:00 AM
VIP

to start a new thread in this forum, just go to the help section and in the top left says new thread, click it and put your problem in the subject and type your problem in.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old October 25th, 2008, 11:15 AM

Michelle,

If you haven't logged in to the site, you may not be able to post. Try logging in first.

The other advice you received regarding the Hoster Manual is good......view it in Hoster, use the index to go to the task you are trying to accomplish, and read, reread, and read again. At first it may be difficult but once you start to become familar with it, the easier it gets. I don't recommend printing it out as you lose the ability to move to the details within the index.

Steve
Old October 25th, 2008, 05:16 PM

well, I did do that ...it stored it on karaoke and then it was as easy to delete the files as it was to make a copy of the file ......on that page. I don't think that I did that right....I guess I'll read and reread and re reread.....
I was just told by the sales dept that it is VERY EASY.....which is not so.

Michelle
Old October 25th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It won't let me start a new thread......
I really wanted to.
I looked thru the directions...no luck (not for me unless I'm really clueless and not looking in the right place)....it's a shame as I feel like giving up and sending the laptop back.
MIchelle
It may be that you cannot start a new thread until Admin approves your membership. We have been attacked here lately by spammers so this is the measure they have taken.
Old October 25th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
well, I did do that ...it stored it on karaoke and then it was as easy to delete the files as it was to make a copy of the file ......on that page. I don't think that I did that right....I guess I'll read and reread and re reread.....
I was just told by the sales dept that it is VERY EASY.....which is not so.

Michelle
They are correct that it is easy, but some things can be intimidating to beginners. Open Hoster click on Import Songs (up top) then click on Import CD Tracks. Enter the Brand (list is a dropdown list so if producer's name is listed just select it) then enter the DiskID. This is also a dropdown list which will be Brand initials and a number (number from front of disk). Then click on Search local database. If it doesn't have information artist and titles will come up as unknown (more on that later). If the track information is there then you need to select a few things more and then import. Select what language and Genre (dropdown lists & non-changable). You also need to set what Ratio of compression (all these across the bottom) you want to use (the bigger the number the lesser the compression), the Speed (MAX is best) and select the folder where you want to save your files (does not have to be on C: drive). Next click on select all and the BookID (starting out is best to just click on Next). Then click on Import Selected Tracks and off it goes.
Old October 27th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Step by Step Help?

Quote:
Hi,

I need to know how to download my CDG disks that I OWN to this machine and exactly (step by step) how to do it.

THANKS!
Michelle
Michelle, to get ste-by-step instructions, and find the QUICKSTART writeup:

1. Run Hoster

2. Click the Hoster Manual link on the Menu bar at the top

3. We automatically launch your Browser and open the Manual.

You can jump through Topics in the Manual in the Browser. You will find THOUSANDS of hyperlinks to Topics to answer your questions right when you ask them. Use your Browser Back button to return to where you were, or click the left pointing arrow "circles" at the start of each topic to return you back to the "main Topic" for that sub-Topic. OR... use your Back button.

4. You can PRINT the manual if you want. In the left navigation column, look down to the Help If Needed and you will see below it: Print This Manual. Do it so you have a hard copy to read. Note that there are 3 separate HTML sections you need to print. Just open each in turn, and select (in your Browser) the File menu and "Print Preview" to see what it will look like before printing. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

5. Read the QUICKSTart section

6. Read the STEP BY STEP (How to) instructions in each major section.

If you have any questions on "how to" after doing this, then post here in this Thread (I moved all Threads answering you to here).

The first thing to learn something new is to say "I CAN". So far, we're only hearing "I CAN'T". Just like doing anything new, don't close your mind. Search for the answers where you can. The MANUAL is always the best start.

YOU CAN DO IT! THose here ware willing to help, but we won't teach you everythining there is to know.

Don't get intimidated by ALL THE FUNCTIONS that are available. Learn the basics covered in the QuickStart section, then expand out when you feel comfortable. You'll be running your shows in no time.

BTW:

1. You ARE logged into the Forums or you couldn't post here.

2. To create a New Thread, click the Forum name at the top (Hoster Help in this case) to return up out of "this Thread". Then,click the New Thread button at the top left above the list of Threads. Its that simple.
Old November 21st, 2008, 11:57 AM
Honor Roll

Michelle, did you find it? reply here. Read the posts. If you still don't understand, reply back here. I'm sure it is intimidating at first, but you will soon be a pro at it.
Old November 27th, 2008, 07:37 PM

can't download anything...it won't recognize any disk

Hi,

I have now gone and 'tried' to download.....I know that I previously went into it and when I selected download cd files it showed all the karaoke disk files avail......I did download a couple disks although 1 song wouldn't work....anyways....I couldn't figure out where to store them so to bring up the song and not 'delete' it quickly.
well.....NOW....I can't even download a disk. The computer doesn't seem to be recognizing anything. It says when I go and select download hard files -unrecongnized error and then you have to hit ok and it shuts down Hoster.
I Have not used it .....it's been sitting in the same place for almost 3 months.....I've about had it.....

HELP ME!!!!!!! OR IT GOES BACK I CAN"T GO ONLINE WITH THIS and I have DIAL UP.....
I tried WI FI but you need a 'password' which who knows what that is..

AND READING MANUALS IS NOT HELPING ....I NEED STEP BY STEP DIRECTION ...
1st do this then do this.....
if you can't offer help ...TELL ME...
I've called and left messages for EVERY Extension in your office. IT'S RIDICULAS!

Michelle
Old November 28th, 2008, 03:47 AM

Hello Michelle,

I'm one of those people who don't usually read manuals. I took a look at the manual in this case and found the step by step instructions with no problem and found them acturate. I also noticed someone earlier gave you simple step by step instructions.

Is it that you want someone to talk to you on the phone to walk you through the step by step instructions?

Do you have a Karaoke Show or is it just for home use?

After you figure out how to import the CDG's into your library you'll need to split the screen to an external monitor. Windows has a help section to explain how to do it, but they won't do it over the phone. A basic knowledge of computers is needed.

I can understand your frustration. Do you have a friend or neighbor that knows the basics of how a computer works that could help you?

I have imported in over 80,000 songs into our database with very little problem. Some disc's that we had problems with were either worn, dirty etc.
Old November 28th, 2008, 10:26 AM

?

When I 1st tried....the disk downloaded but I didn't know where to put it -to bring it up again quickly (kma now I'm guessing?)
But now it won't even recognize the disk that I have in the computer....
You know how you hit 'inport disk'...and it gives you a long list of the different brands...well.....I'm not getting that anymore...it's blank.
?
not sure if I hit something or deleted something. Is there a way to restart everything...so everything loads back up?

And I'm not trying to be difficult...I know a little bit about computers...BUT...I just didn't know where to load it to -what files- so that when I would go to a show (yeah I do a show only 1x a week now and then a party here and there -because it's too much to carry-that's why I thought this would be PERFECT)....and could open it up with no problem.

I did read the post and that's where I learned KMA files....but I can't do anything with it now.....?

Thanks
Michelle
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
When I 1st tried....the disk downloaded but I didn't know where to put it -to bring it up again quickly (kma now I'm guessing?)
But now it won't even recognize the disk that I have in the computer....
You know how you hit 'inport disk'...and it gives you a long list of the different brands...well.....I'm not getting that anymore...it's blank.
?
not sure if I hit something or deleted something. Is there a way to restart everything...so everything loads back up?

And I'm not trying to be difficult...I know a little bit about computers...BUT...I just didn't know where to load it to -what files- so that when I would go to a show (yeah I do a show only 1x a week now and then a party here and there -because it's too much to carry-that's why I thought this would be PERFECT)....and could open it up with no problem.

I did read the post and that's where I learned KMA files....but I can't do anything with it now.....?

Thanks
Michelle
there are 2 ways you can saved your files ( kma ) into , 1). your internal dr.wich is your c: dr. or 2 ) ext. drive.you can go to edit songs and delete them on your song database, then i guessed you have to rebuilt your database.then you can start over, my suggestion would be to saved them on your ext. drive..

if you don't know how:

1. click on import songs
2. select the brand
3. select disc id
4. click on either search on line or local database ( if not on either one you might have to type them yourself
5. click on book id root
6. click on next
once the box is populated select which songs you wanna import or select all if you want to import all the songs
7. click on saved to : ( bottom left corner next to exit tab) you can choose where you want to save them to ..ext. or int. drive.
8 click on import selected tracks..thats all !!!

note: once you got all your songs imported you have to rebuild your song database
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:15 AM

thanks but now

Hi,

Thanks,
I was going to start it and I thought I was 'getting it' but now I go to import and I can't....it won't recognize the disk. It should (as it did before) bring down a list of brands....and you selected it....but it won't do that now.....
Michelle
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,
I was going to start it and I thought I was 'getting it' but now I go to import and I can't....it won't recognize the disk. It should (as it did before) bring down a list of brands....and you selected it....but it won't do that now.....
Michelle

well that case you might have to type it in yourself, brands, id and everything
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:41 AM

but it worked originally.....so there prob. is something wrong.
It doesn't recognize my disk as I did try it and 'nothing' happened

can I reboot my system? or something.....
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
but it worked originally.....so there prob. is something wrong.
It doesn't recognize my disk as I did try it and 'nothing' happened

can I reboot my system? or something.....
i dont think that will solved your problem, are you able to import, or it just won't recognized your cd? (check you private msg..top right of corner of the forum )