MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 7th, 2008, 02:12 PM

USB from Compurter to Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
Bryant, in my opinion theres no way to elliminate the cables, you have to hook up a cable from your laptop to the board, without it you won't have any sounds at all, if you get the pro12 you have to hook up a usb cable from your laptop to the usb port of the pro12 in order to get a sound , if i'm not mistaken the pro 12 came loaded with a tractor software..and i also i dont think you need to use the usb port of the board, you can just hook it up like youve been doing.mini to 1/4 to one of the boards channels.
I am using a Creative Lab Sound Card in my computer. When i went to the Bose and used the USB Port on my mixer, i simply plugged it in, using the settings provided by my mixer, and eliminated the mini-plug, and cables. My Bose Tone Engine routes it through a channel on the mixer, which gives you all the features, EQ. Reverb, etc., that you would normally use, per channel. I believe you can also do this with the Mackie. You can always use the same mini plug-1/4 as you always have if this route does not work for you.
The Creative Sound Card is still installed in my computer and i still use the EQ settings on it sometime. No problem, except the music is better with the USB setup. If at all possible, I will never use the mini plug again.
Hope this helps,
Muzicman