MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 16th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan matney View Post
Well, I guess I'm a long timer her, I had version 2.517, this is my first upgrade since buying the software years ago, it worked so I could not see upgrading if I liked what I was doing, but decided I should upgrade to be able to burn from my kma files and that, and have been shut down ever since. I'm really really trying to be patient here, but when this is your business it is hard to set here, and watch time go by, and cant do anything.
My Hoster program is 3.000 and I'm afraid to upgrade it at this time, I want to be on top of this stuff, but man if I upgrade that and and it works like studio does, I'm out of business for sure. since I upgraded from these older versions is there something I might have missed along the way, that keeps this from working? Thanks for the time to respond

kowboys karaoke
As far as Hoster goes, I would wait for 4.03 before doing anything with it. MTU and we beta testers have been working hard on getting this right. From what I see it is coming along great. Still got a few problems to solve but I have every confidence they will figure them out and get it right.

Microstudio. Yes you have missed a lot along the way. MTU has changed their base CD\DVD drive communication from the old ASPI format that requires specific disk drives to a universal format (acronym escapes me now ). This allows a whole lot more drives to work and doesn't require you have special ones. Most DVD burners will work now.
Additionally you need to make sure you have done the Microsoft "Custom" updates and loaded all of them. If you haven't done this in a while then you will probably have to go back to it several times to get them all. Some of the updates have additional changes that don't show up until you install the first one. I know of at least one case where a person had done all the upgrades except one which was a Korean language update and still could not get her programs to work right. As soon as MTU had her do that update everything worked right. Go figure!! The only thing I can think of is something else was included with it that Microsoft didn't list in the description.
You haven't said what drive you are using but I would check the company's web page and see if they have a firmware update for your drive.
Hope this helps. I still say it may be your drive that is failing and if you have another drive to test it with then that would help.
Old August 16th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
As far as Hoster goes, I would wait for 4.03 before doing anything with it. MTU and we beta testers have been working hard on getting this right. From what I see it is coming along great. Still got a few problems to solve but I have every confidence they will figure them out and get it right.

Microstudio. Yes you have missed a lot along the way. MTU has changed their base CD\DVD drive communication from the old ASPI format that requires specific disk drives to a universal format (acronym escapes me now ). This allows a whole lot more drives to work and doesn't require you have special ones. Most DVD burners will work now.
Additionally you need to make sure you have done the Microsoft "Custom" updates and loaded all of them. If you haven't done this in a while then you will probably have to go back to it several times to get them all. Some of the updates have additional changes that don't show up until you install the first one. I know of at least one case where a person had done all the upgrades except one which was a Korean language update and still could not get her programs to work right. As soon as MTU had her do that update everything worked right. Go figure!! The only thing I can think of is something else was included with it that Microsoft didn't list in the description.
You haven't said what drive you are using but I would check the company's web page and see if they have a firmware update for your drive.
Hope this helps. I still say it may be your drive that is failing and if you have another drive to test it with then that would help.
I have a plexwriter I bought from mtu and has wroked fine, Im not saying it is not bad but it would be one big coincidence for it to bad at the very time I upgraded, do you know if I can down load all this on to another puter that I have, to see if it will work on it, or will I have to buy the download again?

thank you so much for your support
kowboy
Old August 16th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure exactly by what you mean. If you are talking about the updates, then Microsoft doesn't save the files but downloads and installs them so you have to do that from the computer you are using.Microstudio can be installed on 2 computers (I think) and when you download it this time save it. That way you don't have to keep downloading it.
I thought drives wouldn't do that either till I had one die in the middle of importing. Work for one cd, went to import the next and it wouldn't read any more discs. Good thing I have Hoster on more than one computer so we could finish the imports.
Old August 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:

Thank you again for your help, I burned a music cd from wondows media and the drive worked fine, but will order another drive from mtu tomorrow, Im at the point that I dont care if I have to replace everything.
I do understand about having patence to do this stuff and that mtu, might be busy with a new program or what ever, but what is the point in that if they dont take care of the things going on with what they already offer, I dotn think Ive ever seen a company that wants other people other than their emplyees to help you with thier problems, but thank god for you, you are a good man to help us.
I did all the window updates I know to do, and changed nothing, Im still leaning on you my man, is there anything else you might think of, Im really desperate not, I use this program in a recording studio, and Im screwed now short of canceling the recordings, or doing with another program.

kowboys karaoke
Dan
Old August 17th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thank you again for your help, I burned a music cd from wondows media and the drive worked fine, but will order another drive from mtu tomorrow, Im at the point that I dont care if I have to replace everything.
I do understand about having patence to do this stuff and that mtu, might be busy with a new program or what ever, but what is the point in that if they dont take care of the things going on with what they already offer, I dotn think Ive ever seen a company that wants other people other than their emplyees to help you with thier problems, but thank god for you, you are a good man to help us.
I did all the window updates I know to do, and changed nothing, Im still leaning on you my man, is there anything else you might think of, Im really desperate not, I use this program in a recording studio, and Im screwed now short of canceling the recordings, or doing with another program.

kowboys karaoke
Dan
Burning a music CD is not the same as burning CDGs. The process is more complex because of the graphics and audio combined aspect.
Is the drive you are using a Plextor? If so go to their web site and check the support area for Firmware updates for that drive. This is the control program that resides on the drive itself. This can also make a big difference especially since you are upgrading from so far back.
For the Windows updates did you use the Auto or Express Update to do them? If so you need to go back to their web site and do the Custom Updates.
Hoster 4 is not a new program by all means. The problems that have been time consuming is to make it work with XP and Vista correctly while adding some new features. It certainly is not their intention to be having to spend so much time on it to take away from any of their other programs. This is not a mega company like Microsoft with hundreds of programmers working on projects. It is only a small company with 4 employees and are trying to provide the best quality programs they can. There are in fact many companies that depend on their knowledgable users to help each other with those problems that we know what needs to be done to fix. I personally take it as a vote of confidence that I am giving the correct information to you and others. And believe me I have been corrected and over ridden plenty of times. They do watch what is being said in the forums. If we run into a problem we can't solve then we can always flag the thread for them to take a look and see what they can come up with.
Are you recording for Karaoke or just music? Just curious of your use.
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Burning a music CD is not the same as burning CDGs. The process is more complex because of the graphics and audio combined aspect.
Is the drive you are using a Plextor? If so go to their web site and check the support area for Firmware updates for that drive. This is the control program that resides on the drive itself. This can also make a big difference especially since you are upgrading from so far back.
For the Windows updates did you use the Auto or Express Update to do them? If so you need to go back to their web site and do the Custom Updates.
Hoster 4 is not a new program by all means. The problems that have been time consuming is to make it work with XP and Vista correctly while adding some new features. It certainly is not their intention to be having to spend so much time on it to take away from any of their other programs. This is not a mega company like Microsoft with hundreds of programmers working on projects. It is only a small company with 4 employees and are trying to provide the best quality programs they can. There are in fact many companies that depend on their knowledgable users to help each other with those problems that we know what needs to be done to fix. I personally take it as a vote of confidence that I am giving the correct information to you and others. And believe me I have been corrected and over ridden plenty of times. They do watch what is being said in the forums. If we run into a problem we can't solve then we can always flag the thread for them to take a look and see what they can come up with.
Are you recording for Karaoke or just music? Just curious of your use.
I do both karaoke singers and bands, and do one man shows stuff, guys come in and play all the intstruments for their own cd, most play everything but drums, so I have a elctronic one that I mix in with htem, so they play lead guitar, bass rythem, sing, and keyboard, depends on what they can play, I do add some key board stuff for them if they dont play keyboard. It takes a additonal recording for each instrument you add but when you are done you have a cd with just you on it, has been a pretty popular thing here for musicians to do, but takes a lot of time and I try to keep their cost to a min. I have one guy I done about a year ago and he is being played nationally now.
Now to the big point, you are the man, did I tell you that you are the man, the truth is you are the man......L I tested my drive again last night and it failed doing just music so it must be bad, cant wait to get another from mtu so I can get going here, in case I didnt tell you, you are the man.

kowboys karaoke..........Dan
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Stop....you are going to give me a big head....
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:36 PM

Angry Still Hoping It Will Work

THE BURNER CHANGE IS NOT MY ANSWER. I UPGRADED MY HOOSTER AND MICROSTUDIO JUST TO FIND OUT NOW MY OLD BURNER WOULD`NT WORK WITH UPGRADE. I BOUGHT MTU BURNER AND IT WON`T HELP. HOOSTER UPGRADE WORKS FINE (THANK GOD) BUT NO CHANGE OR HELP ON MICROSTUDIO.
Old August 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES HANNA View Post
THE BURNER CHANGE IS NOT MY ANSWER. I UPGRADED MY HOOSTER AND MICROSTUDIO JUST TO FIND OUT NOW MY OLD BURNER WOULD`NT WORK WITH UPGRADE. I BOUGHT MTU BURNER AND IT WON`T HELP. HOOSTER UPGRADE WORKS FINE (THANK GOD) BUT NO CHANGE OR HELP ON MICROSTUDIO.
Changing his burner out was for Dan and nothing to do with you. Stop yelling and lets get back to yours.
Did you run the Belarc? If so what did it show?
I may have missed it but what OS are you running?
Old August 21st, 2008, 10:04 AM

Microstudio

I TRIED ON ANOTHER COMPUTER AND HAD SAME PROB. , STILL HAVE SAME PROB. SINCE DEC. LAST YR. WITH MTU BURNER.
Old August 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM

Ihave not receive my new burner yet and dont know if it will fix the problem but I know whithout doubt that my burner now, will not work, I tried to do some music from windows media player and it failed to write it just like mtu did on the karaoke stuff. I do not put my karaoke puter on line because it is to important to me to get a virus or worm, but the same cds I was trying to copy on this puter and the karaoke puter, failed on this one but works fine on the other so that tells me the burner on this one has to be bad. Just waiting on ups man to bring it. I do undeerstand your frustration, and hope mine works once I replace the burner. I wisxh I was able to help you, but Im not the puter brain here. but Ill tell you this this guy that is tryng to help you knows a bunch.

kowboys karaoke............Dan
Old August 21st, 2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Ihave not receive my new burner yet and dont know if it will fix the problem but I know whithout doubt that my burner now, will not work, I tried to do some music from windows media player and it failed to write it just like mtu did on the karaoke stuff. I do not put my karaoke puter on line because it is to important to me to get a virus or worm, but the same cds I was trying to copy on this puter and the karaoke puter, failed on this one but works fine on the other so that tells me the burner on this one has to be bad. Just waiting on ups man to bring it. I do undeerstand your frustration, and hope mine works once I replace the burner. I wisxh I was able to help you, but Im not the puter brain here. but Ill tell you this this guy that is tryng to help you knows a bunch.

kowboys karaoke............Dan
I just got a while ago my new burner, Ihave it installed, but the puter can not detect that I have one, just one more big problem, the more I spend the worse off I am I dont know what to do now I have set here for 2 hors trying to get this thing going and nothing, I guess Im out of business huh? what a way to do it spend more and get nothing.
dan kowboys karaoke
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM

Is the drive recognized in Device Manager? Is this an Internal or External drive? If internal, are there two drives on the same ribbon cable. If so it could be a master/slave setting issue. Just some thoughts.
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just got a while ago my new burner, Ihave it installed, but the puter can not detect that I have one, just one more big problem, the more I spend the worse off I am I dont know what to do now I have set here for 2 hors trying to get this thing going and nothing, I guess Im out of business huh? what a way to do it spend more and get nothing.
dan kowboys karaoke
Dan, I hate to say this but you are probably going to have to hook this computer to the internet and get all the updates from Microsoft. If that is the only place you go with it then you won't be risking any viruses.
There is another thing you can try which is in the following thread to get the drive recognized.
http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10482
This was put up for Hoster but may be the fix for Microstudio too. Try it first.
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwheeler43 View Post
Is the drive recognized in Device Manager? Is this an Internal or External drive? If internal, are there two drives on the same ribbon cable. If so it could be a master/slave setting issue. Just some thoughts.
In what position should it be set, if there are two, Ill take this aprt again for the millionth time and see that but do you know where it should be set?
kowboys.........Dan
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
In what position should it be set, if there are two, Ill take this aprt again for the millionth time and see that but do you know where it should be set?
kowboys.........Dan
There are two connected to it and the new one is on master, I dont know if this is right or not, there were no instructions abut that with the new burner.
I did just go out to my office storage and found and old computer the first one I used this soft wre with and it did have a old plexwriter in the slot, I took it out and the puter recognise it and I was able to get it to write a song on a cd. But cant get it to read now. thisis and old 4012A 1.02 But with it I got it to write from an old file but cant get it to read now, what a thing huh?
The new drive they sent me is very, I mean very noisey, I think it must be bad too, they cant know what they are doing to my business here.
Dan kowboys karaoke
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
kowboys.........Dan
If it is on the same cable with a hard drive the hard drive should be first and set as master. Normally this will not be an issue with CD/DVD drives though.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM

Well, I guess I told you I found that the new burner they sent me was bad, Here I worked for two weeks to get the new software going andnothing worked. Then found that the drive could be bad, ordered and ndw one worked on it for a while trying to get it to show on the puter. Only to find that that burner was bad, I sent it back and got the new burner today, and guess what, This new download is wonderful, cant beleive how fast it is, In not ure how to get it to burn from the external drive, the kma files but looking forward to being able to do that.Thank you so much and I did live through this......
kowboys karaoke
dan
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Upper left corner Browse button. Find the folder you have your files in on the external drive. If you have a lot of files in that folder it will take a while for it to build the list. Once the list is in the left area, then you can choose which files you want to burn to disc and add them to the playlist (right side). After that is done click Add to Write List button and the write list will open if you haven't added too many to fit on CD.
Old August 27th, 2008, 08:36 AM

thank you so much this has been a bad thing for me I hate to have problems with stuff but have learned a lot, with your help. Now off to try to get this to work and then off to buy a new laptop soill have a back up puter system
YOU ARE THE MAN.......L
kowboys karaoke.........Dan