MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old September 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM
VIP

Re: Post Hoster 5.07 Problems Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
Walt, I thought you were testing 5.08. Are you using 5.07 on a different computer and testing both

Sorry, I am only testing 508. I replied to DClark post so it must have come from that.

Walt
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:51 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Played a 5 hour show Friday night. Used every feature except videos. No problems. The only change I made from previous posting of settings was I added 5 second fade out for Backround Audio and Remove Silence was disabled. Still no crashes for me. Also I had VDJ open the entire show and used it several times.

Walt
I really haven,t had any end of song crashes for quite some time, maybe 10 shows, 500 singers, however, when this beta 6 first came out I had a crash , endofsong, by the second show using a bunch of settings with tempo and remove silence on, with vdj running and mcafee.

Old September 10th, 2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Played a 5 hour show Friday night. Used every feature except videos. No problems. The only change I made from previous posting of settings was I added 5 second fade out for Backround Audio and Remove Silence was disabled. Still no crashes for me. Also I had VDJ open the entire show and used it several times.

Walt
Did you play any videos in VDJ at all during your show using Hoster??
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:54 PM
VIP

Re: Possible Windows Update problem

On Sept. 21 I downloaded two new Windows Critical Security Updates, immediately after that Hoster started erroring out when trying to play any song. After a restart, I could play all the songs again, but there were eight recently imported kma's that would not play, not allow a re-import over them, and not allow me to delete them, even though they would show up in the search in the " edit database". When I would try to delete any one of those eight, it would tell me it couldn't find the location, although Icould search them out in the song search too. Really Weird. So I ended up restoring to Sept. 21, right before this Update, and so far I am good.

Has anyone seen anything related with this windows update, if so, get back at me and if you need help, I can walk you through it!. It was really scary at first.

Old September 25th, 2012, 02:15 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
On Sept. 21 I downloaded two new Windows Critical Security Updates, immediately after that Hoster started erroring out when trying to play any song. After a restart, I could play all the songs again, but there were eight recently imported kma's that would not play, not allow a re-import over them, and not allow me to delete them, even though they would show up in the search in the " edit database". When I would try to delete any one of those eight, it would tell me it couldn't find the location, although Icould search them out in the song search too. Really Weird. So I ended up restoring to Sept. 21, right before this Update, and so far I am good.

Has anyone seen anything related with this windows update, if so, get back at me and if you need help, I can walk you through it!. It was really scary at first.
No probelems with Windows Updates.

Have you attempted to do a Computer Restore to an earlier time and try updating again?

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:02 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKelley View Post
No probelems with Windows Updates.

Have you attempted to do a Computer Restore to an earlier time and try updating again?
Yes, Ken, Ihad stated that I had, although don't have the guts right now to reinstall the updates.

Are your last updates dated 9-21-2012 or later??

Old September 25th, 2012, 06:17 PM
VIP

Quote:
Yes, Ken, Ihad stated that I had, although don't have the guts right now to reinstall the updates.

Are your last updates dated 9-21-2012 or later??
My bad, I didn't catch where you "Restored".

My latest updates are listed in the attached screen shot.

I played songs in Hoster right after the update without any problems (KMA, KMH, and HDZIP).

Just to see what might be going on I ran my Registery Checker afterwards and it indicated 68 registery errors after the update (that is actually pretty normal after any update from MS). I let the program do its magic, rebooted and started Hoster again.

Played 4 more songs and all is well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Updates.jpg (135.3 KB, 4 views)

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:29 PM
VIP

Quote:
My bad, I didn't catch where you "Restored".

My latest updates are listed in the attached screen shot.

I played songs in Hoster right after the update without any problems (KMA, KMH, and HDZIP).

Just to see what might be going on I ran my Registery Checker afterwards and it indicated 68 registery errors after the update (that is actually pretty normal after any update from MS). I let the program do its magic, rebooted and started Hoster again.

Okay, good. I'll try to reinstall later this week then.

Roy was curious on the numbers, @Roy; Ken's top two dated 1/25/2012 are the one's I am talking about. Buspappaw posted he had been having problems with the end-of-song crashes on a continual basis lately, however, he did mention that he had experienced them intermittently before, which would have happened even before he would have installed these two updates. But NOW he gets them every song. We're trying to determine what system he's on and what Hoster version he's on, and what computer he's running.

Old September 25th, 2012, 06:33 PM
VIP

Quote:

I played songs the night after too, but had trouble playing eight of them and couldn't delete them either. When I did a database rebuild, I errored on every song.

Did your registry have errors before the updates? I'm asking, because maybe the updates made no difference if they existed before?

Old September 25th, 2012, 08:58 PM
VIP

Quote:
I played songs the night after too, but had trouble playing eight of them and couldn't delete them either. When I did a database rebuild, I errored on every song.

Did your registry have errors before the updates? I'm asking, because maybe the updates made no difference if they existed before?
My habbit is to run the registery checker after installing any updates (or any program for that matter) and correct the errors that come up. I have found a corrected registery = a happy computer. I run the checker at least once a week (sometimes several times just to be sure because an IT person told me about disk defrag needs to be run more than once as not all the errors as caught the first time).

I don't have a definitive answer as to what may have caused the problems you mentioned above.

Do you have all your songs on an external HD by chance?

The reason I ask is because my library is on a second "internal" HD and that might be the difference between you experiencing errors and I am not.

I remember several years ago (before I was a Beta Tester) when I had my library on an external HD connected via Fire Wire, occasionally I would get errors because the connection wasn't the best it could have been. Errors would crop up from time to time. I would unplug and replug and the errors would go away for the rest of the show. Let me add that I was using a HP with Windows XP Home at the time and Hoster was the only Program that I was running.

Wish I could be of more help.

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Ram - 8.00GB
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old September 26th, 2012, 02:03 AM
VIP

Quote:
My habbit is to run the registery checker after installing any updates (or any program for that matter) and correct the errors that come up. I have found a corrected registery = a happy computer. I run the checker at least once a week (sometimes several times just to be sure because an IT person told me about disk defrag needs to be run more than once as not all the errors as caught the first time).

I don't have a definitive answer as to what may have caused the problems you mentioned above.

Do you have all your songs on an external HD by chance?

The reason I ask is because my library is on a second "internal" HD and that might be the difference between you experiencing errors and I am not.

I remember several years ago (before I was a Beta Tester) when I had my library on an external HD connected via Fire Wire, occasionally I would get errors because the connection wasn't the best it could have been. Errors would crop up from time to time. I would unplug and replug and the errors would go away for the rest of the show. Let me add that I was using a HP with Windows XP Home at the time and Hoster was the only Program that I was running.

Wish I could be of more help.
Thanks Ken. I seem to be alright now, but gonna put a registry checker on here like you got. All my songs are on the one internal drive in the laptop.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
VIP

Re: Installed Hoster 5.07 on new computer

I installed hoster on a new computer just now and located my. Kma fIles folder exactly where it was on the old computer, along with the c:\mtu folder copied from old to new as well.

The old computer being windows xp sp3 happened to have its kma files in the c:\program files\micro technology unlimited\hoster\songs directory, so as instructed and as expected, I created this directory path to thenew computer.
Hoster installed okay and plays all the songs okay and singers database info and searches work well.

The Problem: I can't import anything into that folder now as c:\programs is excluded and cannot be deleted from the excluded list. I am really, really, stuck here unless there is a way for me to UN-exclude this folder path.

First show with this is Thursday at 5:00 pm.

HELP!!

Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I installed hoster on a new computer just now and located my. Kma fIles folder exactly where it was on the old computer, along with the c:\mtu folder copied from old to new as well.

The old computer being windows xp sp3 happened to have its kma files in the c:\program files\micro technology unlimited\hoster\songs directory, so as instructed and as expected, I created this directory path to thenew computer.
Hoster installed okay and plays all the songs okay and singers database info and searches work well.

The Problem: I can't import anything into that folder now as c:\programs is excluded and cannot be deleted from the excluded list. I am really, really, stuck here unless there is a way for me to UN-exclude this folder path.

First show with this is Thursday at 5:00 pm.

HELP!!
In explorer browse to your Microtechnology folder where your existing kma files are select the folder. Then from the top menu in explorer select Edit/ Move to Folder. Now Browse to your D Drive and move them there. Then when you open Hoster next time Add that new D Drive folder to the list of folders, you may have to rebuild the database again.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
In explorer browse to your Microtechnology folder where your existing kma files are select the folder. Then from the top menu in explorer select Edit/ Move to Folder. Now Browse to your D Drive and move them there. Then when you open Hoster next time Add that new D Drive folder to the list of folders, you may have to rebuild the database again.
That's what I'll do now, is get these off the main solid state drive and on to the
2 tB HDD. How will the singers database respond to this move, Roy? That's really what I'm not sure about?

Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That's what I'll do now, is get these off the main solid state drive and on to the
2 tB HDD. How will the singers database respond to this move, Roy? That's really what I'm not sure about?
I think it will be OK, but thinking on it more it may be best to delete the songs.mdb before restarting Hoster as it might think you have a lot of duplicates.
Then after starting select your new kma location in the Build Songs Database folders list. If it doesn't work with the singers list right away use the rebuild database option again.
If it still doesn't work with the singers list after that copy the singers list again from the old computer and repaste into Hoster and delete the songs.mdb again then restart Hoster. It should then rebuild both data bases.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I think it will be OK, but thinking on it more it may be best to delete the songs.mdb before restarting Hoster as it might think you have a lot of duplicates.
Then after starting select your new kma location in the Build Songs Database folders list. If it doesn't work with the singers list right away use the rebuild database option again.
If it still doesn't work with the singers list after that copy the singers list again from the old computer and repaste into Hoster and delete the songs.mdb again then restart Hoster. It should then rebuild both data bases.
Thanks, Roy, worked on that third try, like you said. Was also glad to get the kma files on the HDD storage drive and off the Solid State. Just gotta get the instabuttons back in and a fe color and font changes to match the old shuttle.

Also happy that if oters have to do this the sameway,they'll have the advantage of viewing our reent posts on here.

Thanx again,pal.
Thanx to Ken,too.

Old October 25th, 2012, 08:13 PM
VIP

Is anyone out there seeing anything like this? Anyone running Vdj7.2 and Hoster 5.xx??

Happened again, even after I successfully installed all the new windows updates, defragged and cleaned the registryTwo days ago, I went back and forth between the two programs, ran 'em both at the same time. Then again the next day, then I ran a full four hour karaoke show with Hoster. The day after that, yesterday, hoster wouldn't play its songs. I restored to the point before the VDJ7.2 install, and the hoster immediately worked great.

How bout a computer guru that can give me a clue to what may be going on here. I'm happy with v7.02, but really really would like to update again. There is got to be connection there.

I remember the first time it happened it took a whole karaoke show with hoster before the ill effect took its toll.

Old November 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM

Hoster 5.08 is being release now! You can read about the changes here. You can download the file from that location.
Old February 21st, 2014, 06:53 PM

Video Hoster version 5.20.01 has been releasd! Read about it here http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm#v520.01