MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old August 6th, 2012, 07:59 PM
VIP

Re: Post Hoster 5.07 Problems Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
I'll check, but .I think it is disabled.
That's a good thought, though.
Have you experienced in the past where wireless cause problems?
Bryant,

Unfortunately for me I do not have the Wireless Display capability due to my particular cpu ( i7 CPU Q740). I believe that your cpu may have that feature and could be something that is running in the background which you may not be using then activates occasionally from a spurious signal (causing a random crash maybe).

Another thing that might be worth looking into if you haven't already is wireless internet signals that your computer may be receiving. I think you mentioned that you did not connect to the internet at one point in time however when you elect not to connect, do you diable your wireless network card? If not, keep in mind that even though you have not connected to the internet via wirless, the card can still receive signals. Have you noticed anyone in the crowd with a laptop or tablet during your shows? Something to watch for! I have received requests through Windows Media Player (while at other venues doing wedding receptions) from DJ who ever asking me to share my library. My fire wall stops that mess completely now!

I think you mentioned one time that mock shows at home revealed no crashes?

Just trying to look into what is going on around the venue where you play with the random crashes happening at the end of a song.

With that being said, can you remember doing anything with your computer while the song was palying? The reason I ask, in the past (for me) anytime Hoster crashed at the end of a song (using XP Home and Win 7) it had actually quit responding to any commands like entering a singers song request sometime during a song that was playing, usually because I did something with the computer before hand (usually the internet or another application) and Hoster being quite reslient, continued to paly the song completely, then finally come to a complet stop and required me to resart Hoster (there was one instance 2 years ago that I had to reboot the computer 2 times... arrg).

Just fishing for something that may be causing your delemia.

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:41 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post
It's the video engine that's at fault in Hosters, it doesn't play nice with other program running at the same time..

I used Hoster with Microstudio to play tracks from a customers karaoke cd and had no issues playing from the cd in Microstudio, ....The crash only happens when you need to bring back Hoster program.... It get's scared and crashes,.... But Microstudio doesn't...

...so it seems there is something to this that has to do with the video engine in Hoster...
What is a video engine, specifically?

Old August 7th, 2012, 11:46 AM

Bryant,
I FINALLY can cause this crash in Debug. I had it happen last night, and my programmer is ON IT TODAY! Look for a new beta on Wednesday!

It should finally be fixed, and hes looked at this spot in the code a million times trying to find it, but the crash and debug information I was able to get him, gave him the Silver bullet!

The reason it is so random and some never see it, is to do with the File playing at the time. Some may cut out short, by a sample or two and it thinks its done, but its not. Then the memory is cleared and bam, crash! So we hope that we get it with this, and are pretty positive that this will be the fix.

5.08 is GOING to be the most Solid version we have had in a long time!
Old August 7th, 2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
What is a video engine, specifically?
The code or component within a program that communicates with the videographic card..
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT View Post
Bryant,
I FINALLY can cause this crash in Debug. I had it happen last night, and my programmer is ON IT TODAY! Look for a new beta on Wednesday!

It should finally be fixed, and hes looked at this spot in the code a million times trying to find it, but the crash and debug information I was able to get him, gave him the Silver bullet!

The reason it is so random and some never see it, is to do with the File playing at the time. Some may cut out short, by a sample or two and it thinks its done, but its not. Then the memory is cleared and bam, crash! So we hope that we get it with this, and are pretty positive that this will be the fix.

YEAH, AWESOME, FANTASTIC. THAT IS SOOO COOL!

Can't wait for the new beta. Send 'er over!!

Old August 7th, 2012, 07:54 PM

So far it played all day on my system and did NOT crash once, last night it crashed twice on the same identical playlist. So after 3 more plays, we will let it go to the betas! Look for it tomorrow evening.
Old August 7th, 2012, 07:58 PM
VIP

Quote:
So far it played all day on my system and did NOT crash once, last night it crashed twice on the same identical playlist. So after 3 more plays, we will let it go to the betas! Look for it tomorrow evening.
I'm having problems finding the "Like" button.

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:07 PM
VIP

Quote:
Are you saying that the new beta crashed twice last night or an older version? That would just indicate further randomness wouldn't it, especially if it were the same program that crashed twice, and then not again for a while. Just questioning?

Old August 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that the new beta crashed twice last night or an older version? That would just indicate further randomness wouldn't it, especially if it were the same program that crashed twice, and then not again for a while. Just questioning?
I take it to mean "after" the fix, it did not crash anymore...
Old August 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
I take it to mean "after" the fix, it did not crash anymore...
Yes, Kod, I thought that too, I just wasn't sure. Trusty ole MTU comes through again, fantastic work for them!!

Old August 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM
VIP

Quote:
Bryant,
Just curious, "Is this something that could have been exacerbated by having VDJ on and running and/or the silence and fade settings", Could that have increased the likely hood of those random crashes?

Old August 8th, 2012, 08:53 PM

We thought we had it fixed but still more items popping up after the three fixes so far, so we are still working on getting a new beta. We thought we had it, but we are closer.
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:36 PM
VIP

This may be strictly coincidence, or just a couple of bad files, but want to report anyway in case others have experienced it and let it go unnoticed asI did the first time. Anyways, here is what happened:

Sunday night; I had a song, war paint by brooke brothers, error out after I hit play. I repeated this two more times and every time it would say error then move right to the next song and start playing. I blamed it on the song as I couldn't remember if anyone had ever sung it before.

Thursday night; The song uninvited (can't remember who its by) errored out. My wife said she played it a second time and it went thru okay and played nicely to the end. I know that that song had been played before many other times and had always played properly.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen any errored songs with version 5 and might have let it go unnoticed?

Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:53 AM
VIP

Lightbulb Re: Post Hoster 5.07 Problems Here

I noticed tonight that I had some songs in some of the singers databases. Listed as last played on Sept. 3, but it was sept. 2, not midnight yet. It seems that those sungs might have been sung at 9 p.m.
What can cause this to happen. Has anyone else seen this? My computer clock is set correctly, and the time zOne is on eastern usa canada. I live in Maine, so thats correct too.

Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I noticed tonight that I had some songs in some of the singers databases. Listed as last played on Sept. 3, but it was sept. 2, not midnight yet. It seems that those sungs might have been sung at 9 p.m.
What can cause this to happen. Has anyone else seen this? My computer clock is set correctly, and the time zOne is on eastern usa canada. I live in Maine, so thats correct too.
Bryant,

I have noticed this is the past before, but never thought to question it here...

Anyone else???
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:49 AM
VIP

Last night, about four hours into a five hour show, I was about 20 seconds into thesong, and the audio stopped and the song went to "played" status. Had to add same song again, and it played thru fine second time. My wife mentioned this happened to her two weeks ago.

Has anyone else ever experienced this,??

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:54 AM
VIP

Played a 5 hour show Friday night. Used every feature except videos. No problems. The only change I made from previous posting of settings was I added 5 second fade out for Backround Audio and Remove Silence was disabled. Still no crashes for me. Also I had VDJ open the entire show and used it several times.

Walt
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Played a 5 hour show Friday night. Used every feature except videos. No problems. The only change I made from previous posting of settings was I added 5 second fade out for Backround Audio and Remove Silence was disabled. Still no crashes for me. Also I had VDJ open the entire show and used it several times.

Walt
Walt, I thought you were testing 5.08. Are you using 5.07 on a different computer and testing both
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:19 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
Walt, I thought you were testing 5.08. Are you using 5.07 on a different computer and testing both
No Sky, I am using the newest beta but. I rembered seeing this once before with 5.07 and was curiuos as to maybe this might be another 5.07 gremlin. If so, we would find out here as there are many more samples (users) to look for occurrences. That's why when I see a brand new gremlin, I some times post it here too.

Old September 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post

Walt
Walt, I cant remember, do you normally use remove silence?

Closed Thread