MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 10th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Question external HD

I have a customer who is a fellow KJ that comes to my shows. With him, he brings about 15 - 20 people and his external HD. Prior to 4.03, everything was great with the MP3G button. Now with 4.03 i can't find the songs. All the files are there, just not the songs. Obviously, i cant add his music to my song book, it's his music. how can i make this work? He brings me a lot of business because he likes my shows. i would hate to lose that business because i can't play his music.
Pentium 4, 2.40 GHZ, 1.50 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottccook View Post
I have a customer who is a fellow KJ that comes to my shows. With him, he brings about 15 - 20 people and his external HD. Prior to 4.03, everything was great with the MP3G button. Now with 4.03 i can't find the songs. All the files are there, just not the songs. Obviously, i cant add his music to my song book, it's his music. how can i make this work? He brings me a lot of business because he likes my shows. i would hate to lose that business because i can't play his music.
Hey Scott,
If they are zip files the will not play directly off of a hard drive in 4.03. Use 3.40 for his songs.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Scott,
If they are MP3+Gs then the new button title for temporary import is called K-OKE. As Jim said if they are ZIP files then you are out of luck with version 4 and will need to use 3.4, at least for now.
Old September 11th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Honor Roll

If he has room on the hard drive, ask if you can unzip them to a new directory on his drive. Or possibly ask him if he can bring it to you that way. How many songs are we talking about? It doesn't save THAT much room to compress an already compressed format (MP3) and it should only increase the size by about 20-25%. The only reason I used to use zip was to insure I kept the files together. Since 4.02 I abandoned zips and am ripping to MP3 + G now to do my normalize.
Old September 11th, 2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklwood View Post
If he has room on the hard drive, ask if you can unzip them to a new directory on his drive. Or possibly ask him if he can bring it to you that way. How many songs are we talking about? It doesn't save THAT much room to compress an already compressed format (MP3) and it should only increase the size by about 20-25%. The only reason I used to use zip was to insure I kept the files together. Since 4.02 I abandoned zips and am ripping to MP3 + G now to do my normalize.
Good advice here, thanks Mark.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old September 11th, 2008, 04:09 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate your help. I did end up having to revert back to 3.4 anyway, i was having a lot of split second audio drops, just enough for everyone to raise an eyebrow at me. So I have since updated my video drivers and my sound card drivers. hopefully that works. Since the updates though evertime I boot-up my computer I receive a message "TBIA This operation returned because the timeout period expired". I do not know what that means, I will be doing a test run tonight to see how things work.
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
Old September 11th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Thanks guys, appreciate your help. I did end up having to revert back to 3.4 anyway, i was having a lot of split second audio drops, just enough for everyone to raise an eyebrow at me. So I have since updated my video drivers and my sound card drivers. hopefully that works. Since the updates though evertime I boot-up my computer I receive a message "TBIA This operation returned because the timeout period expired". I do not know what that means, I will be doing a test run tonight to see how things work.
Are you by chance running a DJ program also? Possibly a USB sound card? It's sounds to me like an audio conflict. I don't think it is MTU. I think I remember reading about Torq DJ software and this error. You might try disabling your DJ software and trying it then.
Old September 11th, 2008, 05:45 PM

[quote=marklwood;81580]Are you by chance running a DJ program also? Possibly a USB sound card? It's sounds to me like an audio conflict. I don't think it is MTU. I think I remember reading about

[[quote]QUOTE]Torq DJ software and this error. You might try disabling your DJ software and trying it then.[/quote[/

if your laptop/pc has a windows xp media center, any m-audio torq software/hardware will not work, due to hardware/driver compatibility,i bought one a while back , and i wasnt told or the sales people at .......center doesnt know.
Old September 12th, 2008, 12:45 AM

is this something new with 4.03, because i have been using a external sound card for quite a while now (M-Audio Audiophile USB) and haven't had any problems and didn't have any problems when I reverted back to 3.4, just the split second audio drops in 4.3.
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
is this something new with 4.03, because i have been using a external sound card for quite a while now (M-Audio Audiophile USB) and haven't had any problems and didn't have any problems when I reverted back to 3.4, just the split second audio drops in 4.3.
Are you using a notebook? Does it have a speedstep CPU? (most do)

Try turning off the speedstep. It is in your bios under the power tab labled EIST (Enhanced Intel Speedstep) Set to disabled. The M-Audio software AND hardware has trouble playing in the same sandbox with speedstep. My guess is you probably crossed some kind of threshhold when you made some system changes.
Old September 13th, 2008, 02:00 AM

no, i am using a pc built by MTU. I talked to my friend about unzipping his songs. He doesnt have a problem with that, its just that niether of us kno how to do it. We tried using the microsoft unzip program, but that only does one song at a time (He has a ton of music, 20 years worth) and not all songs are able to be recocnized by microsoft program. this really is a bummer, i never had any problems with the mp3g button.
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
no, i am using a pc built by MTU. I talked to my friend about unzipping his songs. He doesnt have a problem with that, its just that niether of us kno how to do it. We tried using the microsoft unzip program, but that only does one song at a time (He has a ton of music, 20 years worth) and not all songs are able to be recocnized by microsoft program. this really is a bummer, i never had any problems with the mp3g button.
Look around on the internet for a free zip/unzip utility. If you can't find or don't want to, check out my post for Big John.
Just a work around if you don't figure it out
Big John, I don't know your setup but I will...
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:

Hey Scott,
MTU has a great file conterter program called "Songverter" that will do what you need.

http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/songvert...786c296d6295ca

Just convert them to your choice of format that Hoster 4 accepts.

There is also a free one available but I only used it once so I'm not sure it will do what you need, you can check it out.

http://forum.mtu.com/showpost.php?p=60179&postcount=7

Jim

NOTE TO ALL: The private use of downloaded karaoke is not illegal in the Untied States and I think this is the case here.

Last edited by madjim- with the Lord; September 13th, 2008 at 05:13 AM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 05:41 PM

I did find a unzip program that worked perfectly, unfortunatley i ran into the same problem with the audio dropping out again. It sounds just like when you hit a cd player and it skips for a couple seconds. I have done all update + custom and i have downloaded and installed all new drivers for audio, video, and dvd drive. I had no problems after reverting back to 3.4. I did not notice any problems in 4.3 untill after I ran a singers disk. That is when I started having the audio drops. I think I will just stay with 3.4 for a while.
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
Old September 15th, 2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I did find a unzip program that worked perfectly, unfortunatley i ran into the same problem with the audio dropping out again. It sounds just like when you hit a cd player and it skips for a couple seconds. I have done all update + custom and i have downloaded and installed all new drivers for audio, video, and dvd drive. I had no problems after reverting back to 3.4. I did not notice any problems in 4.3 untill after I ran a singers disk. That is when I started having the audio drops. I think I will just stay with 3.4 for a while.

Hmmmm, that is kinda odd Scott.

4.04 should release late tomorrow.

In a past beta, I imported a singers CD (not cd+g) while running my show and the audio skipped but after that beta it never happened again. This was many betas ago.

Jim

Last edited by madjim- with the Lord; September 15th, 2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:06 PM

well lets hope 4.04 takes care of this problem, if not, I still have 3.4. All the bells and whistles are nice but so is a good working 3.4.
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB