MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 4th, 2006, 08:56 AM

Version 3.0 requires removing prior versions

can i have 2 ver. of microstudio on same putr? if not does ver 3000 use old cdg files from ver 2.613 ????
Old November 5th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Version 3.000 requires prior versions to be removed.

Yes, your CDG filenames will work just fine in 3.000.

We don't import as CDG files any more (they are now BIN files), but we do allow you to USE existing CDG files.
Old November 8th, 2006, 09:52 AM

microstudio on 2 diff. comp.

can you install microstudio on 2 computers. i read the manual and i didnt see anything about having it in just one pc. .i wanted to uninstall microstudio on this one, i'm not getting any video/graphics and sound on this pc, ( but i could play a music cd without any problems) and re-install it to my other pc, or do i need to get my registration re-set ?
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Microstudio 3.0 can install 2 times. Try it. If it works its done. If it fails, submit a Support Ticket in our Support Center. Please DO NOT request that in the Forums.
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM

Registration Problem Microstudio

I have a user name and password for my account page, a seperate one for the forums page, now when I want to submit a ticket on the support page it will not take either one of those two passwords. Is it really necessary to have another account?
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:57 PM

Registration Problem Microstudio

Well I signed up for the third username and password, received my e-mail confirmation and it will not even take that!! I assume there must be a problem on their submit a ticket login page.
Old November 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

I just logged in with no problem. Are you sure you remembered your password correctly?
Old November 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM

Registraion

I got it, after I finally signed up for the third time with a new password, when the e-mail came back it had my old password list and that worked.
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Running our own store prevents your private data from being exposed to "third party" vendors who could sell your email... or identity!

The MTU.COMmunity forums provides a means for you to communicate with peers and MTU (I am the Pres ). It is very helpful for all our users.

Our new Support Center provides a means to search for standard answers, and submit a ticket directly to us. This is the best way to ask for "factory" help... AND... get our attention when you need to.

Yes, all three protect your identity, and insure MTU can communicate with YOU, and not someone who could sign you up if we didn't have passwords and verify your email by requiring you to reply to sign up.

Each of these resources have their own integrated protection. For $20,000+, we could pay someone to modify them to use a common system, but then we could never upgrade them again.

We have upgraded the Forum twice this year, our store twice and just added the Support Center. Being able to upgrade is critical. I too wish we could have one username/password, but so far the only options to do this are unacceptable.

Please accept my apology that we put you through this, and then try to enjoy the three resources. We have done all of these for your benefit.

We are about to buy (as a customer) a $375 software program.

The Vendor provides no phone number.
The Vendor has not answered 3 emails we sent.
The Vendor provides no way to provide ANY FORM of support after the sale.

If we buy their EXPENSIVE product, we can "take it or leave it". Our only recourse and support is a 30 day return. That's how they handle sales and support. Do you think we are frustrated with them?

When you consider what MTU provides for our users, it is clear that MTU is first class for pre-sales and post-sales support. Having to work with passwords is a minor annoyance compared to no way to communcate with us at all.

Have a great day... and THANK YOU for choosing MTU as your Karaoke Vendor.
Old November 9th, 2006, 10:26 AM

Thanks for the protection, ADMIN. It is appreciated.

Frankly I don't see why some are having such a problem. There's not that much to remember. When first registering and setting up the passwords, a Windows pop up asks whether you want the system to remember the password or not.

I never have to enter the passwords, just my user name. The system does the rest.

Maybe I' one of the lucky ones....dunno

Anyway, thanks again ADMIN for protecting us.

George
Old November 9th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

George, don't clear your cookies or you will suddenly have to remember all those passwords!
Old November 9th, 2006, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
George, don't clear your cookies or you will suddenly have to remember all those passwords!
That's not entirely true. I delete all temp files at least monthly.

The "MY ACCOUNT" and "SUPPORT" passwords are retained. The only one that needs re-entering is the forum access, and that's no biggie.

The "MY ACCOUNT" and SUPPORT ones look lost, but when you click LOG IN, SIGN IN , or the blank box, they fill in.

At least that's the way it works here.

George

Last edited by George; November 9th, 2006 at 11:59 AM.