MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 10th, 2005, 04:15 PM

Drives Not Detected

Recently installed Microstudio v2.612. Operating system is XP Pro including Sp2. Initially got error messages when loading the program concerning ASPI files. Followed all the solutions provided in the “Help” section, which did away with the error messages.

To this day, I have yet to have the drives detected. Followed all the suggestions provided to solve this issue, but to no avail. Uninstalled and reinstalled the drives. Reinstalled the operating system from the ground up, meaning formatted the hard drive, etc. Emailed MTU Support a week ago, and have had no response. I have 2 drives and other programs detect both. Hopefully someone will provide the solution that works. I’d really like to use the program.
Old December 12th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Frequent Member

What type of drives are they.? are they in the list of commpatable drives that micro studio supports ??. they should be plextor. Bob
Old December 12th, 2005, 10:31 PM

One drive is a Sony CDRW and the other is a Plextor that I purchased from MTU when I purchased my original Microstudio v2.517 in March, 2004.
Old December 13th, 2005, 09:18 AM

Jim,
From what it sounds like your problem is the Motherboard drivers. You will need to find out what type of Motherboard you have in your system, and then go to the Manufacturers website. The updates you are looking for are most likely called the "Chipset drivers" once you get this, update them. Then see what happens, normally this is the fix for this problem.
Old December 13th, 2005, 10:25 PM

Thumbs up

Bryan

Updating the drivers solved the problem. Program now detecting the drives. Thanks very much.