MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 9th, 2005, 02:58 PM

Occasional Defects In CDG Copy

I have been using Microstudio for about eight months and occasionally when I make a CDG copy there are two or three defects in the graphics of a song.

The color is white instead of the color of the rest of the graphics or part of a word does not copy.

I am using a Plextor writer at 52X speed and wonder if a slower speed might make a better copy.

Any suggestions?
Old December 9th, 2005, 03:28 PM

A common cause of what you are describing is inferior media. I haven't had a bad burn ever since I started using the media that MTU markets, and I burn at 52X.

I also make certain to clean the source disc before copying.

I talked to a Plextor tech a year or so ago and he told me the newer burners are optimized to perform at the higher speeds.

George
Old December 9th, 2005, 05:34 PM

I am using Phillips CD-R's. I don't know how good they are as far as quality.

I would like to be able to slow the burn speed down because I have several hundred Kodak CD-R's that are formatted for 16x. They were made in 2003.

Microstudio does not give me an option of changing the burn speed or am I missing something?

Thanks for your input.
Old December 9th, 2005, 06:35 PM

Go to TOOLS, SPEED SELECTION, and you can either set desired read write speeds, or check AUTO SELECT, and it will automatically adjust to the disc format.

George
Old December 9th, 2005, 09:59 PM

Hi George, Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees! That was what I was looking for!

I changed the speed and copied a CDG on a Kodak CDR and had one glitch on one word in a song. I made a second copy and there was the same glitch! I reimported the original song and there was no more glitch on the third try!

I wonder if I should import songs at a slower speed to get a better copy? I have been importing them at 52x.

Thank you, Bossard
Old December 9th, 2005, 11:05 PM

My experience has led me to burn at the fastest speed possible for best results, but I also use the best media available, marketed by MTU.

I have had no experience with Phillips media, so I'll not comment on it either way.

You must consider that there frequently are glitches on the source disc, commercially produced or not. Surprisingly enough, burning at max speed with top grade media, Microstudio will sometimes correct those "factory" built in glitches.

Go ahead and slow down if you wish, and see what happens. If the problem persists to any great degree and at all speeds, I'd order MTU's media and see if that corrects it.

Take care,

George