MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 18th, 2002, 07:27 PM

Unhappy Freezing During Custom Assembly/Import Tracks

Lately, on some track, I have been having a problem importing them, or adding them with cusom assembly.

The problem begins about 75% through the "import" process. The importing just stops, and I keep hearing the CD rom drive searching.

Some tracks import fine, others will NOT IMPORT! This is just recent, I have had the program about a month now. Could it be that my hard drive is too full? That is the only explanation I can think of.

Any other thoughts on this by support or other forum members?

Thanks
Old January 20th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Question Scratched discs?

Ray, if you believe the hard drive is full, delete some of the unwanted files. You can check the status by running the Windows Explorer and selecting your "Songlist" drive (D?). The free space will be shown at the bottom of the display.

If a track is badly scratched, it may not be readable. Try reading the same track (and the ones above and below it) in the Import Tracks Tab.
Old January 20th, 2002, 06:52 PM

Re: Scratched discs?

Hi,

My hard drive is not full, I have a 5mb hard drive, and have about 1.5 of drive space left. I did do some deleting of some stuff, but that really didn't help.

The CDG's are NOT scratched, they are new. It is reading the cuts early on the CDG, but not the later ones. I mean by that, cuts 1,2,3 etc. read in ok, but the last two final cuts are freezing. This is happening on two different CDG's!

I have no idea what the problem is. Do you think perhaps re-installing Microstudio would help?

Thanks for your replies.

Quote:
Originally posted by admin
Ray, if you believe the hard drive is full, delete some of the unwanted files. You can check the status by running the Windows Explorer and selecting your "Songlist" drive (D?). The free space will be shown at the bottom of the display.

If a track is badly scratched, it may not be readable. Try reading the same track (and the ones above and below it) in the Import Tracks Tab.
Old January 21st, 2002, 10:09 AM

Do you have DirectX 8.0 better installed? Check the Help tab and DirectX. Just a thought.

Take care,

George
Old January 21st, 2002, 06:52 PM

Hi George,

Yes, DirectX 8.0 is installed. Thanks for your help...

Quote:
Originally posted by George
Do you have DirectX 8.0 better installed? Check the Help tab and DirectX. Just a thought.