MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 14th, 2005, 11:41 AM

Post Microstudio™ 2.609

Hey Admin or MTUsupport,
Since I upgraded to Microstudio™ 2.609 I have noticed a couple of times when I would extract tracks that I would click on wav button and then begin extraction and then click button to load into compilation tab and I get an error message telling me (I don't remember the exact message) basically that that tab is not set for the type of files I'm trying to load. Well, yes it is set on wav but then I look and see that the files I extracted were extracted as cdg's even though I did change to wav before beginning process.

If I go back and do it again it will work right but the first time through it doesn't. Just thought I would let somebody know. Not a real big thing, especially since I know to expect it. Most everything I do is cdg anyway but on occasion.....
Thanks,
Wally
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:17 AM

Re: Microstudio™ 2.609

Wally,
I am not sure why this would occur. Please give us the Exact error message if you can. Try downloading the Update to 2.610 and see if that helps you any, even though the only change done to 2.610 was that it supported the new Plextor 16x drives.
Old February 16th, 2005, 12:28 PM

Question Re: Microstudio™ 2.609

Bryan,
The error message is the error message that you get if you try to move newly extracted files from import tab to custom assembly tab if they don't match. In other words, custom ass'y tab is set for wav files and you are trying to move cdg files to it from import tab.

It doesn't seem to always do this so I don't know if I can duplicate it or not.
I can make it give me the error if I deliberately try to move the opposite type of file then what is set on the custom ass'y tab. I have gotten this error a time or two when actually it was my oversight. It's just that a time or two it wasn't my fault and don't know what caused it to do that.

It's just that for some reason sometimes when clicking on wav button of import tab doesn't actually change anything and will still import as cdg. Could it be I just need to click wav button before loading cd in drive?

I won't be able to re-create this for a day or two as I am very busy right now. I'm at work on lunch now.

Wally
Old February 17th, 2005, 04:01 PM

Re: Microstudio™ 2.609

Wally,
I do think that these tabs have seperate Registry entries that set the Format for each of the tabs. You might need to set this before on the Custom Assembly tab as you mention, just to be on the safe side.

Most likely this is where the problem lies.