MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 26th, 2004, 08:15 PM

Importing Multisession

can some kind soul PLEASE repost the workaround?? I can't find it and when I use search at the top of the page all I get is the post telling me to use search at the top of the page!! It would be a great idea to have the workaround in FAQ's because I'm sure 99% of hoster users will need this one!

Mahalo (thank you) for your help!!
Aloha!
-Sean Okin
Island Extreme Karaoke, Kailua Hawaii
Old July 26th, 2004, 10:49 PM

Re: Importing Multisession

After going back a few pages I found the workaround that involved using (and having) Microstudio. Is that the ONLY workaround?? I already have CDRwin and Padus Disk Juggler so I'm not crazy about buying another backup application for now! I LOVE HOSTER and will be a loyal customer by the way (I better be it's going to take a few weeks to import my whole library!!)

So if anyone has any ideas besides the microstudio I'd LOVE to hear it - if not I guess this cheapskate KJ will have to spend the $39.95!!!

Aloha and Mahalo
-Sean
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:44 AM

Island,

what did you end up doing?

Steve
Old July 27th, 2004, 03:43 AM

Steve,
Just waiting... I have at least another 200 Discs to import so I'll skip the multisession ones for now!! Hopefully someone else has some answers! I'll be glad to post everything I know when I learn more!
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Honor Roll

island,

You can't do any better than Microstudio. It's the least expensive method for importing the multisession cdg's and besides, the software is great.

There was another post here on this forum that suggested using cdwin and cdripper in combination to do the same job, don't bother. It's more expensive and more involved than using Microstudio. Take it from someone who knows. Like the commercial says "Just Do It".

Gary
Old July 27th, 2004, 04:49 PM

Cool Re: Importing Multisession

If microstudio will "rip" all of the tracks from a multisession CD+G then say no more $39.95 no problem! I was just saying that I already have 2 applications for backing up CDGs - I would have bought Mircrostudio first if I would have known about it!! So, it will FOR SURE rip all of the songs from a Multisession CDG? PLEASE let me know..

Oh FYI I asked Goldenhawk if and when they would have a version that will support multisession and their response was "It will be included in the next release 4.0" - which has no release date - AND ---- this is EXACTLY what they told me in late 2002 so I'm not holding my breath!

So if someone can testify that Microstudio will work ripping the tracks individually all the way through on a multisession CD - it's WELL WORTH the $39.95 to me!!

MAHALO!
-Sean
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:10 PM

Microstudio will back up any cdg disk it's just that with multisession you will need to import in the HD and press eject once it stops reading on the last track than just burn the disk using Custom Assembly. It's a little longer but it works.

So far, I was able to burn any new Top Tunes or SC that has multisession

Have Fun!

PS-So far, Microstudio is the only software capable of handling Multisession's using that little trick
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:59 PM

Wink Re: Importing Multisession

MLEPINE,
A huge BOLD MAHALO (thank you of course) to you for clarifying that - I'm sure many people will search and find this threat and and save them a lot of time trying to figure it out - I purchased Microstudio, just waiting for the e-mail and I'll post some more here to help out anyone reading! I also have a lot of Sound Choice and Top Tunes that have the multisession on them.

sending you all some ALoha to you and your Karaoke ventures...

-Sean Okin
Island Extreme Karaoke
Kailua, Hawaii
Old July 28th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Extreme
So if someone can testify that Microstudio will work ripping the tracks individually all the way through on a multisession CD - it's WELL WORTH the $39.95 to me!!

MAHALO!
-Sean
Download the Microstudio manual and read the Duplicating Discs topic in the TOC, then the Duplicating a Multisession Disc topic in the sub TOC and you will read for yourself.

Also, our sales page specifically claims to be able to copy multisession discs. So what else would you like us to tell you.
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:52 AM

OK I MADE IT!!
I have a solution - MAHALO (thank You) to those of you who helped me it is much appreciated!

Well I purchased Microstudio (from mtu.com of course) - and just like "mlepine" posted, Just like the Microstudio Manual states.

You have to import the tracks. On the last song (the second to last track) it will get stuck when the progress bar is up to around 75% (70-90%?) - You will notice it has stopped. Then eject the disc manually from the CD drive. After a couple of minutes you will get an error message. Apparently there is more information that you will not need that is after the track. Notice the length on a 3:30 song is around 7:00

All of the tracks incluiding the one it seems to have frozen all will be in the folder - ready to burn to disc and then import in to HOSTER!!!

Now on my computer you have to restart the computer to re-launch Microstudio - In fact so far (3 times) I have had to pull the power chord out of the back of the computer to shut it down. It's a little extra work but In a very educated guess this is the ONLY WAY to get that last track in to HOSTER!

Any questions PM me I'll be glad to help.

Now I need to shud down my computer and it's on to the next Top Tunes or Sound Choice Disk.

ALOHA and MAHALO!
-Sean Okin
Island Extreme Karaoke
Kailua, Hawaii
Old July 29th, 2004, 05:52 AM
VIP

It's odd that this is causing your computer to crash. After ejecting and clicking "ok" on the error dialog box the status for the track should change to "abort" and then you should be able to move on to the next disk.
Sorry I don't have any suggestions as to how to remedy it.

Sam
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:50 AM

You might be running out of resources when doing your back up which explains why it crashes?

No need to pull the power cord, just hold the power buttom until it shut downs which is about 5-9 seconds???

We can try to help you out on the crashes but we would need more details like: Windows? Memory? Processor? As much as you can give us... I'm sure someone here will help you out!

Have Fun
Old July 31st, 2004, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Angry Splilt Thread.....

Folks, I have split out SteveWalker's posts about Microstudio, .bin and mp3+g. You can find it here.

One of the Forum Rules is to not start a new topic under an existing Thread.
Old March 11th, 2005, 06:59 AM

Question Burner want lock into disc

I have just got my burner going and I have burner about 10 disc in multissesion.
When I come up on a disc that the burner want lock onto to be able for the burner to work ! The disc # is SC8614 Seem to be the only disc that I'm haveing
trouble with! Any thought on this?
Old March 11th, 2005, 08:21 AM

That disc might have Media Cloque on it, not Multisession, in which case the method you're using won't work, I have 7 or 8 of those. Supposedly you can do it with other progrmas, I haven't been able to do it yet to get them into Hoster.
TK
Old March 11th, 2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Extreme
All of the tracks incluiding the one it seems to have frozen all will be in the folder - ready to burn to disc and then import in to HOSTER!!!
So I take it that MicroStudio will capture ALL of the tracks on a multi-session disc? Or does it drop the last track?

If so, I may need for my SOund Choice discs....
Old March 11th, 2005, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddylddd
So I take it that MicroStudio will capture ALL of the tracks on a multi-session disc? Or does it drop the last track?

If so, I may need for my SOund Choice discs....
I've been able to use MicroStudio for all but one of my multisession discs.

You perform an 'import tracks' procedure. Check the size of the last track listed in the import window, this is most often a data track that will be less than a minute in length. You can also verify this is a data track by checking the CD's track listing. If it is supposed to have 16 songs, and the Import Tracks window shows 17, with the 17th being very small, it is a data track.

Select all songs but the data track. The Import function will hang on the last song selected. Let it sit for a few minutes, then eject the disc without cancelling the import. Although it appeared to hang, the program actually successfully imported the last track. You will see the last track in the folder you specified for import and can now use it in the custom assembly tab to create a CD.
Old March 11th, 2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashjar
I've been able to use MicroStudio for all but one of my multisession discs.

You perform an 'import tracks' procedure. Check the size of the last track listed in the import window, this is most often a data track that will be less than a minute in length. You can also verify this is a data track by checking the CD's track listing. If it is supposed to have 16 songs, and the Import Tracks window shows 17, with the 17th being very small, it is a data track.

Select all songs but the data track. The Import function will hang on the last song selected. Let it sit for a few minutes, then eject the disc without cancelling the import. Although it appeared to hang, the program actually successfully imported the last track. You will see the last track in the folder you specified for import and can now use it in the custom assembly tab to create a CD.
Got it, thanks. Just ordered MicroStudio and a MTU Drive.
Old March 11th, 2005, 01:51 PM

Cool... I think you'll like it. I've been using MTU for years and have always had success with it!
Old April 13th, 2006, 01:43 PM

Island extreme, try this the moment it lags eject do not wait. Then check the track on your play function in micro studio. Play it while timing it. If you notice all of the multisession ones have that lag or stop in the same spot. I hit the eject when the last one (5th square from the end I think) and jumps to the 4th one (the one that stops the progress) usually I get around 30-40 seconds extra on the track. I have replaced track 15 with another of the same brand that was like say track 10 or so, and that works perfect. Sometimes we don't have that option.