MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 23rd, 2003, 11:43 AM

New Problem with USB CR

Win 98 SE
CR HP 8200 USB

Microstudio 2.314

After many problems with HP 9100, I started using my USB CR. I burned about 10 disks and they came out perfect. Now I am getting the following error message:

Read/WriteError or Bad Medium Detected. I have all the settings like they should be and I shut down all programs running in the background.

When I burn at a slower speed, it burns the whole disc but after about the 5th track, the graphics are garbled. I changed my hardware accleration too and that didn't help.

Any suggestions???
Old July 23rd, 2003, 12:11 PM

The Read/Write Bad Medium Detected is a buffer underun, which means that the computer isn't getting the data to the drive fast enough. With a USB drive, this is the probelm, the USB 1.1, which that drive is, will use alot of processor power, which takes away from what you have to use for the writing process.

You might beable to put a USB 2.0 card in the system, but it may not help on this old burner. Your best bet is to still go to a new Plextor Drive.

All of the Hp drives at times will give you the broken graphics and there is nothing that can be done about this.