MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 9th, 2003, 08:13 PM

Angry hanging up after writing pregap

My machine hangs up after writing the pregap. I'm using Microstudio ver. 2.400 on Window ME and a Plextor PX-W4824TU. It reads the karaoke disk and put's the image on my hard drive. It then writes the pregap and then everything just freezes and I have to reboot. I've waited so long to get this and I still have problems. Can you tell me what you think the problem is? Thank you.
Old March 9th, 2003, 10:14 PM

Ok, I have another problem now. I fixed my settings, updated directx, and uninstalled easy CD creater and burned a CDG. But the graphics are not as clean as I would like. I let the software choose the read speed and used 2x as the write speed. Both CD's were clean and the Karaoke machine's drive is clean, but I still get broken graphics and spots. Any suggestions?
Old March 10th, 2003, 10:31 AM

Update Motherboard Drivers

You could try updating your Motherboard Drivers and ensure that NO! Anti Virus software is running in the background, to Interupt any reading or writing process...

Good Luck!

Glenski
Old March 10th, 2003, 09:40 PM

What type of drive are you using? If it is a Yamaha this is a known problem with their brand of drives. The Plextor brand is the only brand that correctly works. MTU Tests and sells this brand, but they still have to be tested to make sure that they don't break up the graphics, this is the only way that we can make sure they work with Karaoke.
Old March 11th, 2003, 09:22 PM

I'm using Microstudio ver. 2.400 on Window ME and a Plextor PX-W4824TU.
Old March 12th, 2003, 10:35 PM

Lightbulb Solution for Broken Text

Rockinrich,

I would recommend you disable the DMA on your cd burner & if necessary on the Hard drive also.
You should be ok at optimal reading speed or try 30x.

I own a Yamaha burner (3200E) & it's the only way to get a clear graphic (almost!)

I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND YOU UPGRADE TO XP, MAKE SURE TO INSTALL CHOOSING NTFS NOT FAT 32 & AT LEAST 256MRAMS.

I was running Me before & it wasn't has bad has people say BUT, believe me, XP IS BY FAR MORE STABLE, BETTER SOUND & GRAPHIC...

Good Luck,
Michel