MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old July 21st, 2012, 08:07 PM
VIP

Re: QSC Speaker Problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Lonman,

That's exactly what they do. They do not fit snug on the pole and do not have a locking thumb screw like all the other speakers I own. The mounting holes are not standard size on the QSC speakers.

I have already considered taping, but wanted to avoid that "sticky" situation.

As I stated earlier, I have found some adapters to correct this problem, but they are ~$80 USD EACH!

I think it is pathetic that QSC makes these awesome sounding speakers with this problem. A locking mehanism couldn't cost much more to add...

Having to use 50 cent worth of tape tape to hold a speaker costing this much, is ridiculous
There are two diameters for speaker stand poles. It sounds like you have the standard. I don't remember the size right off hand but they make adapters that go over the pole to fill the void in the larger socket that some manufactures use. You should be able to get the adapters at any large music store such as Americanmusicalsupply.com. If you can't find them let me know and I will see if I can dig some up.

Walt
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
There are two diameters for speaker stand poles. It sounds like you have the standard. I don't remember the size right off hand but they make adapters that go over the pole to fill the void in the larger socket that some manufactures use. You should be able to get the adapters at any large music store such as Americanmusicalsupply.com. If you can't find them let me know and I will see if I can dig some up. Walt
Walt,

As I stated earlier, I've found some adapters, but they will cost more (~$80 Each) than buying new stands.

But, I'm not sure buying new stands will solve my problem. I don't suspect the speaker will fit snug enough keep it from drifting and still be loose enough to be removed from the stand!

The bottom line, the speakers need a locking screw which is not possible...
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
VIP

Quote:
Walt,

As I stated earlier, I've found some adapters, but they will cost more (~$80 Each) than buying new stands.

But, I'm not sure buying new stands will solve my problem. I don't suspect the speaker will fit snug enough keep it from drifting and still be loose enough to be removed from the stand!

The bottom line, the speakers need a locking screw which is not possible...
I have adapters that I only have had to use once or twice with friends speakers. I can't imagine $80.00 for a pair of adapters. Let me look into it and get the measurements to give you a reference and I will get back to you.

Walt
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
have adapters that I only have had to use once or twice with friends speakers. I can't imagine $80.00 for a pair of adapters. Let me look into it and get the measurements to give you a reference and I will get back to you.

Walt
Walt,

That would be greatly appreciated...
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:58 PM
VIP

This is the adapter I was speaking about. It converts the standard 1 3/8 speaker stand to 1 1/2". The cost is $4.95 each. They can be purchased at www.americanmusicalsupply.com

Hope this helps.

Walt
Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:13 PM

Walt,

Thanks for the information. I just ordered two of these and will let you know how they work for me...

Again, Thanks!
Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
VIP

Quote:
Walt,

Thanks for the information. I just ordered two of these and will let you know how they work for me...

Again, Thanks!
You are welcome.

Walt