MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 17th, 2003, 07:20 PM

Problems beginning to surface on old backed up karaoke discs

I know mitsuis are the best blanks out there & that's all I've been using for the last few years, but before I owned a plextor drive & used mitsui's I had an HP burner (8100) and sony blanks. Now it seems like the old backed up discs are not playing back as well as they used to. I get alot of letters being left behind on the screen. If I extract the disc which is not playing very well to my computer's hard drive with the plextor drive & burn another copy with MTU all is well again. My player plays anything burned on a mitsui fine along with everything that is original. Could there be a problem with the old blanks or the burner that made them? Higher number tracks act up more than lower number tracks. These did play well at one time. Thanks for your help.
Old February 17th, 2003, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Yes, this is feasible!

When we sold the HP drives, we typically rejected 6 out of 10 drives because they wrote discs that appeared EXACTLY as you are reporting... when they were new!

We were very picky. If we saw any graphic random dots or color changes in letters, we rejected the drive. You must have a drive that was boarderline when it wrote the signal to the Sony media. The media has probably deterioriated over time, and the signal that was written to it was initially weak.

Thus, it now is showing the damage. My guess is it is the Sony media more than the HP drive. Mitsui media does not deterioriate with age as other media does.