MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 10th, 2003, 02:59 PM

Question CDR media

I have a question about copying cdg from disc to disc. I've had great performance copying CDG's. They've been copying at 12x speed with no problems. I have a Plextor 40/12/40a as the read deck, and a Plextor 12/10/32a as the "write" deck. Later, I will split them when I build another computer. I am using Mitsui silver CDR's.

I had 2 CDG's that are 751mb and when I try to copy them, the message is, "source is bigger than destination disc". Do they make larger media than 700mb? If not, how can I copy these discs? Will I have to record them to the hard drive, then eliminate one of the songs before I copy the remaining songs to CDR? I'm still learning the MTU programs but so far have had no other problems. Any help or info will be appreciated. JH
Old February 10th, 2003, 04:03 PM

700 MG media should hold 80 minutes of material, and 650 MG holds 74 minutes. What's the total time of the disc you're trying to copy?

Must be way out of the ordinary when you consider that twenty 3.5 minute tracks would only use 70 min+, and easily fit on a 700MG cdr.

If the source disc exceeds 80 min recording time it would be interesting to know what media they are using.

Take care,
George
Old February 10th, 2003, 04:50 PM

George is correct. It should work, but sometimes I have seen some security where the companies make the disc think it is larger than it actually is, and you can't get around this. You can try taking the tracks off the disc by using the Import Tracks tab to see if that will work.