MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old June 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Report Hoster 5.01 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster View Post
Hello
This problem just started a few days ago.
I converted songs to KMA files and they all play fine for the most part.Some of the songs that played fine are now not working properly
The music plays fine and now the words are slow (Behind the music). I do not want toget into having to adjust the songs as they all worked fine before.Is there a way to delete the songs in question and replace them with fresh copies.And more to the point why all of a sudden did this start...???

Thanks for your input in advance
You can delete them from the Edit songs under the Tools up top. Then re-import them.
Old June 9th, 2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i had that problem , but not with v5.01, i imported brand new disc and songs that used to run fine went out of sync same with the brand new disc i imported, did all the adjustments etc from +to -, nothing helped..i deleted the new songs i imported, and re-imported them back everything went fine..so yes go into where you have them ( the songs ) then delete them and import them back..in my case anyway..
Well im not sure what to do ....once the files are KMA how do i know the songs im looking for in the folder...I dont believe they are named....please correct me if im wrong...
Thanks
Old June 9th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster View Post
Well im not sure what to do ....once the files are KMA how do i know the songs im looking for in the folder...I dont believe they are named....please correct me if im wrong...
Thanks
Read my post above your last one.
Old June 9th, 2011, 09:20 PM

My Bad
Thanks ddouglas ...your patience and knowledge are greatly appreciated.
Old June 10th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

No problem
Old June 11th, 2011, 11:04 AM

I am having problems with 5.01. It shuts down after the song is over. Sometimes it does it once a show and other times it shuts down several times during a show.
This is the same thing it was doing in previous versions.
I do not have anything else running at the time (no background audio)

I have the Ruggedized Laptop from MTU.
Old June 12th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Waites View Post
I am having problems with 5.01. It shuts down after the song is over. Sometimes it does it once a show and other times it shuts down several times during a show.
This is the same thing it was doing in previous versions.
I do not have anything else running at the time (no background audio)

I have the Ruggedized Laptop from MTU.
Susan, please submit a Suppot Ticket and tell Bryan what Hoster version you are using, and what the problem is. He is gather (you make 5) users who are still experiencing crashing.

We think we finally, after 3 weeks working on it, have the solution for Hoster 5.02 to be built with Microsoft's DevStudio 2008. This will use all the latest WMP, DirectX, etc. and properly link to them. We have some indications that the DevStudio 2005 we have used for 6 years may be causing the remaining crashes. I "hope" we will have a 2008 version built and testable by noon tomorrow.

However, if you can crash that often, Bryan may want to remotely come into your computer (with your approval and presence of course) and test various "trace versions" our programming staff would build to track down where Hoster is crashing on your system. When we have a user with a easily repeatable problem, this is the fastest way to track down a bug.
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:09 PM

Thank you I will do that....
Old June 18th, 2011, 02:52 PM

On Thursday night I ran my first show with Hoster 5.x and it ran well until the last 15 minutes and then crashed. I started it back up and had no other problems.

Last night (Friday) about 15 minutes into my show Hoster crashed again.

This time it wiped the Singers that I had lined up completely from the screen. It was blank when I restarted Hoster. However, it didn't crash again the rest of the night (5 1/2 hour show)...

It the ~15 months I've been using Hoster, it has crashed a lot, but always came back up with my Singers list still in tact!

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:16 AM

Upgraded 2 days ago. Database screen comes up, but when I exit, the Play/Search screen does not appear. What gives ?
Old June 20th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dompizzo View Post
Upgraded 2 days ago. Database screen comes up, but when I exit, the Play/Search screen does not appear. What gives ?
Roy answered you in your other post.
Old June 20th, 2011, 01:27 PM

Did everything I was supposed to change. Re downloaded and installed . Still not working right. No Play? Search Screen shows up.
Old June 21st, 2011, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dompizzo View Post
Did everything I was supposed to change. Re downloaded and installed . Still not working right. No Play? Search Screen shows up.
Are you sure the Search Dialog appears, and not the DVD Default Drive dialog? This has never before ben reported so we are all at a loss as to what to suggest. Try this:

You may want to download a new copy of hoster501setup.exe again from the MTU.com site and do the steps below with that version.

1. Find the Hoster501setup.exe program you downloaded and run it again.

2. Select REMOVE (not Update). This will ONLY remove the Hoster.exe, not any KMA/KMH or settings.

3. Run the install program agian and install Hoster 5.01.

Report back here what happens.
Old June 21st, 2011, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stublack View Post
I ran 5.00 last night for the first time. It crashed 3 times in the first hour.

I always keep the Search Database and Singers Database up while I look for songs through the night.

I noticed before the last crash when I hit S+ for one singer even though a different singers name was in the singers database it refreshed all the songs.

When I brought Hoster back up for the 3rd time I never opened the Singers Database again and it ran without a gliche the rest of the night. I realize this may have just been a coincidence.
Stu, what results have you had with Hoster 5.01?

We are tracking down a new bug in 5.01 that can cause crashing in AUTO mode when a song stops playing. Susan Waite is one of 5 who reported this in Support Tickets.
Old June 21st, 2011, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollertos View Post
Thanks for the backup there Roy...

So this begs the question, can any of the MTU guys duplicate this problem so we can get a fix for it. The reason I would like to have the preview working is that I have multiple versions of the same song in my library so when I am deciding which song I should add to the main play list it would be handy for me to preview the audio for each duplicate and then decide which one to go with.
I've aded this to our 5.02 spec to look at this week. We're tracking down a crashing bug in Auto mode when a song finishes playing, and fixing a few other reported gremlins.
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM

Okay, so I reinstalled after removing old program. I am still letting the song database screen stay on the computer to see if this makes a difference. How will I know when it is done updating itself?
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Are there any folders listed in the left hand window ?
If not you have to Add folders with the button or with the add Folders/Sub Folders button.
As you add folders with the apropiate type button selected a window opens indicating how many files are added.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 21st, 2011, 08:37 PM

Possible Singers Key Change bug.
When adding multiple songs from the singers list the key change does not transfer to the play list. I highlighted all the songs in the Tom singers list and clicked on add. All songs added but every song showed a key change of zero. If you add only one song from the singers list it correctly adds the key change. If you add two or more songs the key change does not transfer.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollertos View Post
I have been testing my implementation of Hoster 5.01 on a HP DV5 laptop with 3gb ram, Nvidia GeForce 9200M GS graphics, Win7 SP1 32 bit, external sound blaster usb sound card.

1. I am unable to listen to the audio track of a song that is selected in the search window. I have TWO sound cards; one assigned to the main play list and the other to search audio card. Both sound cards are working.

I click the search button on the main hoster play/control screen, this opens the search song database screen shown on page 10 of the manual (bottom half of page). I highlight the buttons title, artist, karaoke and type in a search string e.g. bon jovi. When I press enter or hit tab I get a list of matching songs that show up in the results list. So far all good. If I highlight ANY one song then click the preview play button to listen to the song via the second sound card I get the error 'cannot open zip file' in a popup window. If I click add to add the song to the main playlist I can return to the main control screen and play that same song with no problem. The song files are all CDG and MP3 file pairs zipped as .zip files. Note I do not used brand or book id's. These are system defaulted to unknown and XYZ... etc. Any ideas?
Yesterday we found and fixed a bug that prevented ZIP files from preview playing in the Search dialog. It is in Hoster 5.02, which we expect to begin beta testing today.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelley3 View Post
Possible Singers Key Change bug.
When adding multiple songs from the singers list the key change does not transfer to the play list. I highlighted all the songs in the Tom singers list and clicked on add. All songs added but every song showed a key change of zero. If you add only one song from the singers list it correctly adds the key change. If you add two or more songs the key change does not transfer.
This has been found, fixed and will be in 5.02 and should go into beta testing today.
Closed Thread