View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
However, to claim that you honest customers don't have the legal right to format shift and play from a HDD, or play from copies of your purchased discs is NOT the law as our Attorney tells us. Their Attorney is saying the opposite. There is no court case to prove who is right. If they won't back off, we may have to spearhead a test class-action law suit against them to establish the law in a Court. Frankly, we don't want to do that, but if our product sales become affected, we will.
Notice to ALL Karaoke Hosts...

PLEASE... gather information from every Forum, Chat Room, Emails any Producer sent to you (or that you have a copy of in your possession), and hold them safely (write a copy to CDROM). Please forward all documents to MTU using a Support Ticket so the Producers don't know what you have sent to us. Where possible, send URL LINKS so our Attorney has the original sources and proof they were made public.

Read this legal background post I made in 2003.

Read this legally posted letter from Priddis posted in 2004.

In the past when SPIN and KAPA found a Host that was using even one copy of a disc in a show, their tactic to overcome having to force a "test case" was to get a Host to SIGN A CONTRACT that they would NEVER AGAIN copy a disc. This converts from WEAK COPYRIGHT LAW to ENFORCEABLE CONTRACT LAW. I have heard of a USA Court case where a Hostess with a ONLY ONE legally copied disc in her show told SCs owners - SlepTones company - to take her to court. The Judge threw it out saying that SC was wrong. Since there was no legal rulling and "closure" on this, it did not appear when IP Justice searched the legal databases for Court cases. If you know anything about this, please post it here. This could be sufficient to end it all now before it goes any further.

Read what the prior OWNER of S.P.I.N. posted in 2002. He has facts that would be very damanging to a certain company and its owners when he is called to testify in a Court of Law.

Read what was posted on the KAPA site in 2002.

This was a weak defense, and Hosts started to refuse and challenge them, TODAY... they are taking a different approach to attack you. They are going after the BUSINESS OWNER who hires you. This falls under Restraint of Trade, and that action may itself be against the law, and thus may be grounds to bring suit against that Producer as "THE" test case for Digital Rights for Karaoke to be the same as for Audio.

The best offense is a good defense. If we get ALL the facts, together as a class action, I am confident we WILL WIN if it goes to Court. When a technology shift happens, anyone who stands in its way will be run over. Apple ushered in the era of digital download of music. Karaoke, no matter how you look at it, is also entertainment just like audio music.

UNDERSTAND THIS!

If you have even ONE song or disc that you did not pay for, you are on your own, you CAN be taken to Court, and you WILL loose your songs, gear and even your car/van you transport them in.

Clean up your library NOW!!!!

FYI: We have been told by Hoster customers who are Sherriffs, State Attorney Generals, and Police, that the ONLY WAY your equipment can be legally confiscated, is with a COURT ORDER, executed by any Federal Agent (FBI, US Marshall, CIA or your County Sheriff). If anyone else trys to take your gear, call the Police or Sheriff to protect yourself!

If anyone threatens to take you to court if you don't sign... AND... you have a legal original of each disc you have a backup copy of that you are using, contact MTU immediately. If you call us, say "I am being threatened by SC or Stellar with a law suit" and I will personally be on the phone ASAP.