View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:46 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Originally Posted by Monolithent
Could you tell me exactly which model amps you are using? There may be another way to get you connected. Might even be simpler.

Basically, merge your outputs from your mixer into a single XLR connection (you can find adapters for this at most music stores) and run them into one (only) of the two XLR inputs on your amp. The other XLR input is often setup to serve as a line level output when operated in this manner (there is usally some kind of switch on the back of the amp to set this up). Connect an XLR cable from this connection to the input of your other amp and there you go. Both connected and far simpler set up. This is how I run my monitor speakers. The downside here is that now you will have to operate in mono instead of stereo. If you are leary of this then I can tell you from experience that after running mono for over a decade. No one has ever noticed. Plus you can also bridge your amps and run them at 4 Ohms with these types of setups. More power and actually easier on your amps as long as its controlled.

I have the mixer cd output to the high-end amp, and the mixer main out to the amp feeding the subs now Lonnie.

A couple of you guys said if you saw the model numbers that there was a simpler and using less cords way of hooking up.
Ah yeah. Well if that is the mixer you are set upon, then just use both main outs, one is a 1/4" TRS balanced set & the other is an XLR. Run the XLR to the subs & the 1/4" to the high amp.
Still best recommendation would be to get an external crossover, you run XLR to the crossover, XLR low(sub) to sub amp & XLR(high/full range) to high amp. You will notice an immense improvement.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB