PDA

View Full Version : Microstudio locks up with Read CD Tracks in Import Tracks tab

Rocketrider
January 2nd, 2002, 09:44 PM
I recently purchased MicroStudio 2.314 from MTU. I can't say enough good things about this software, but the only problem I am having is, when I am in the "Import Tracks" tab and I press on "Read CD Tracks" from a CD+G disk, it will read the first CD but totally locks up my whole computer if I try to READ another one right after. Not even Ctrl-Alt-Delete works. Is there a good reason for this?

admin
January 6th, 2002, 12:00 PM
You've got me cold on this one. Never had it reported before. Let's dig into this for a bit more details it you want us to solve the problem.

Based on its unique occurance, it is probably something on your computer that is causing this. However... it could be a bug that no one else has ever reported. It is one or the other. :e

Please copy the list below into a new "post reply" under this Thread and fill in the [ ] fields. Add any other steps if I have omitted any that you are doing.

* I am running Microstudio version [2.310, 2.311, 2.312, 2.314, etc] (determined from the Help menu, About... command)

* I am running Windows [98SE, ME, 2000, XP, NT]

* Windows was [a clean new installation or an upgrade of 98SE or ME to 2000/NT/XP]

* Insert [manufacturer's name][disc identification number] CDG disc in CDR drive, and close the CDR disc tray

* Click "Read CD Tracks" button in Import Tracks Tab

* [# tracks] tracks appear in the track window

* [click Select All check box] [or clicked X tracks to import]

* [Used "Auto name"] [or entered individual names] for each track filename

* Clicked Import Tracks button to import the selected tracks

* X tracks imported successfully, and Y tracks failed to import

* Insert a second [manufacturer's name][disc identification number] CDG disc in CDR drive and close the CDR disc tray

* Click "Read CD Tracks" button in Import Tracks Tab

* [exactly what do you see on the Microstudio screen, such as tracks appear in the Track window or not, before your computer locks up]

We can then try to reproduce the problem and how to solve it.

Rocketrider
January 6th, 2002, 01:01 PM
:g I am glad to say that I found the problem of my dilemma myself. Your ASPI driver that comes with Microstudio 2.314 is version 4.6. Version 4.6 does not work very well with Widows ME, so what I have done, I opened Microstudio and pressed "Drives"/"ASPI Drivers" and chose "Default Drivers". Ever since I did that, everything works 100%. I want to thank you for responding to me as quickly as you did. I hope that this information will be useful to others in other parts of your forum.

Yours,
Rocketrider