PDA

View Full Version : To "Full Screen" Or Not To "Full Screen?"

MusicBear
December 30th, 2001, 07:24 PM
Hello Everyone,

My first post here in this group!

I just downloaded the TRIAL Version of MicroStudio, and I love it!
I am ordering the full version tonight.

However, a question:
Does MTU intend to give us the option of using "Full Screen" mode or not to use full screen mode?

It just seems on my particular computer, it slows down the scrolling in full screen mode just a bit. It does take more of the computers resources in full screen mode, doesn't it?

Or, should this not be a problem, due to the fact that the software programmers at MTU are geniuses, and this has all been taken into consideration?

Anyway, I thank you guys at MTU for creating such a wonderful program. I've ordered the key change software too, since I usuallly need the KJ's to pitch my songs down at least two octaves, constantly. Sometimes they do it for me, sometimes they don't. But I guess thats a discussion for another forum here on the board. :)

Anway, looking forward to getting my software, and looking forward to becoming a frequent poster here on this board.

Happy New Year To All!

admin
December 30th, 2001, 09:57 PM
Welcome MusicBear!

We are rewriting the player code from scratch for Hoster. Once it works, it will be ported to Microstudio. This a major upgrade so we don't know exactly when it will be done. Should be by the end of Q2 2002. It will allow selecting full screen or windowed. We have to decide on the controls as we don't want them visible to the singer.

If you are seeing a slow down, you may not have 8MB or more of Video RAM. Run DXDIAG (see the Microstudio Tech Support Forum for instructions) to see what you have. The full screen is 320x200 by 8 colors, so it's not too taxing on your computer. However, it does take a LOT of compute power to deciper the RW codes (CDG language for the data that delivers the lyrics/graphics) into the graphics display.

You didn't really mean 2 OCTAVES did you? I believe you might mean -2 semitones (half-notes) or -2 notes at worst. I doubt any system can shift 2 full octaves. :g

MusicBear
December 31st, 2001, 01:45 AM
Thanks for your reply!

Ah yes, semitones, not octaves! Blush...

Boy, I would sound like a frog then, wouldn't I?

Try singing some Andrew Lloyd Webber in that key! :)