PDA

View Full Version : DirectX 8.0 conflict w/ Windows Me

Phil Minner
December 25th, 2001, 09:15 PM
I went to Microsoft.com and downloaded the DirectX 8.0, tried to open it and install and received the follwing message: " DirectX not compatible with current version of Windows".

HELP!

George
December 26th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Believe I'd do it again. Definately states DirectX 8.0
is for windows 98 and ME. Something's not right. You may have somehow gotten the Windows 2000 version of DirectX 8.0, which is listed separately.

Take care,

George

MTUSUPPORT
January 7th, 2002, 02:27 PM
As George said, I would do it again. Please download the DirectX 8.0 from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=27741 (This is only for ME or 98)

FIFTY8TH
February 1st, 2002, 10:49 PM
George..

I noticed I had a thread going yesterday when I got a response from a new post. The threat was Imulation on the Mac.

However...I got a post from you today....but couldn't read it because the thread was erased by MTU....Can you fill me in on what happened.

Fifty8th

George
February 1st, 2002, 10:57 PM
Not much I was just asking why all the hassle when MTU told you right up front after the first post that Microstudio does not work with Mac. Seems like you could have saved yourself a lot of frustration by believing him. That's all it was.

take care,

George

FIFTY8TH
February 2nd, 2002, 09:44 AM
George..

Thanks for the response. I appreciated that.

I did believe them and went out and bought a new HP computer 900.00. MTU told me it would be months before microstudio would work under XP....so I installed an extra disk and installed Windows SE. However after a month.....at least 50 hours of work...still mircro studio could not play a Karaoke disk without freezing up the system. I tried several graphics cards....different versions of Direct x....checking drivers and version of players. During all of that...the macs would play all the disks....but the PC could not.

I see by the threads that it may start working under XP now....so...here goes another 50 hours.....so when I ask for a refund they can't say I didn't give it my best. The studio runs hundreds of programs on the Mac...but never does it take more than a few minutes to get something working.

Thanks again..

fifty8th

FIFTY8TH
February 2nd, 2002, 11:38 AM
Geoge..

Progress......

After mailing you I blew the dust off the PC and booted it into the XP hard drive.

I dragged Microstudio from the Windows 98SE hard drive and installed.

I have the PC running on all SCSI players and writers.....so guess what...

Microstudio installed on XPwith only a small flaw. It played 3 karaoke songs full screen.

1. No latency
2. No dropouts
3. No freezes

MTU needs to make a 4 inch playback. If they would do that possibly there would be some way to make the PC shoot pictures of them and print them out the way the Mac does so easily.

I am now in the copy process to see how well that works. Does this part have to archive songs at just 1 time? Awfull. I only care about how well it works for now...............Then most likely I would just use GoldenHawk which copies direct to disc at full speed of the Player and writers.

Later...

admin
February 4th, 2002, 02:24 PM
FIFTY8TH, the Microstudio Duplicate Disc Tab does exactly what you want - copy a disc at once.

The Import Tracks Tab also does what you want in that it can read in all the good tracks from a bad disc - that won't duplicate - then add them to the Custom Assembly Tab song list. There, you can add other songs from other discs for any Track(s) that did not import from the bad original.

Hope this helps.

BTW: It is not fair to Phil who started this thread to post non-related topics under his thread. Please start a new thread in the future when you have a point to make. If you don't push an Apple or other non-MTU agenda, I don't delete or close posts. I am leaving this post open for Phil.