PDA

View Full Version : windows xp & microstudio

dizzydee
November 6th, 2001, 03:42 PM
I have just done a clean install of windows xp on a new harddrive and then installed my microstudio. I followed instructions to install and upgrade aspi. I have a plextor burner that worked beautifully with microstudio before the upgrade. Now when I put in a karaoke cd, I get the error message saying I must select a cd recorder capable of reading cdg. Anybody have this. I know xp is untested as yet, any help would be appreciated.

Cropduster
November 6th, 2001, 07:37 PM
Saw your post, but unfortunately I can't help you with your problem, however I would like to know where you got you ASPI manager file for XP?
Thanks
Johnn

George
November 6th, 2001, 09:39 PM
Have you trid re-installing the Plextor in the new environment ?

Take care,
George

dizzydee
November 7th, 2001, 01:42 AM
I followed the instructions on this forum posted by mtusupport. Some have successfully used microstudio in an xp environment. I haven't been that fortunate yet. The aspi drivers are for 95/98/ME/2000. I am afraid that I just followed links and don't know exactly where I got it from.

admin
December 27th, 2001, 07:04 PM
The FBI has issued a warning about Windows XP. If you are running Windows XP, you have a SEVERE security leak that can turn your computer into an attack computer by hackers. It also allows hackers to crash your computer from anywhere in the world.

To protect yourself, Gibson Research Corp. has developed a free program to disable your "Universal Plug n Play" operation in Windows XP. We have the utmost confidence in GRC and recommend you...

RUN THIS PROTECTION PROGRAM!

You should have the picture now!

Click this link http://grc.com/UnPnP/UnPnP.htm to download the protection program and read all about the problem. We use GRC.com tools to protect our systems and servers against viruses, and security leaks.