PDA

View Full Version : Can't Read Graphics on NuTECH CDG's

haroldq
October 27th, 2001, 11:11 AM
My recently purchased NuTECH CDG's will not display the graphics properly. The music plays okay, but the lead-in or splash screen for each track disappears in a flicker as it paints across the screen and the lines of lyrics are doubled and written on top of each other. All of my other CDG brands works great on my PC. The NuTECH's play okay on my karaoke machine--so does the copy I made using Microstudio. But when I play the copy on my PC, it's screwed up just like the original. Has anybody else ran into this problem and if so, is there a fix?

My PC has a PlexWriter 12/10/32A, a P3-500MHz and 128MB of memory. I'm running Microstudio ver. 2.311. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

admin
October 28th, 2001, 12:03 PM
Nutech does something different in mastering their CDG songs. The Microstudio Play Tab currently will not play the graphics or lyrics correctly. We are working on an upgrade that should fix this. Release is expected early 2002. :s

haroldq
October 28th, 2001, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the info. At least I don't have to continue wondering whether or not my system setup is at fault. I'm a big fan of Microstudio and look forward to receiving the upgrade that fixes this problem.

Thanks again!

haroldq
April 18th, 2002, 07:54 PM
I see that there have been a couple of upgrades published since I first wrote concerning my Nutech CDG's not displaying the graphics/lyrics correctly. Has the problem been corrected?

shaunstribling
April 23rd, 2002, 06:50 PM
Is there a fix for this problem yet?? Is the problem with reading the data from the disc? or playing back the data through your software?

PLEASE can we have a fix soon!

Thanks

admin
May 8th, 2002, 12:26 PM
We started the project to rewrite our player code from the ground up. The problems with Nutech, Nikkodo, and a few rare discs will be fixed.

I don't have a time frame yet on what we must do or how long it will take. We have built an evaluation tool that will allow us to see what is different with these discs, and solve it.

I have created an entry in the News page (http://www.mtu.com/support/news.htm) showing that we are working on this problem for Microstudio. I also have updated the current "intended" upgrades for Microstudio 2.316. :)