PDA

View Full Version : another sound choice problem???

jahern
October 24th, 2001, 08:41 PM
I recently had a lot of discs stolen from my car. Fortunately they were almost all backups. Except for a SoundChoice CD which I had to repurchase. I made a backup and took it to my favorite place. The sound was on, but there were no graphics. My favorite place has a new system including a single disc cdg/vcd player and a multiple cd player going through a cdg decoder. People who bring their own have it played on the single player. They also have a DVD player(I don't know if it also goes through the decoder)

I thought that the trouble might be that the KJ maybe switched the players too fast, or worse sabotaged it all somehow. (don't ask me why I actually think a KJ might sabotage a disc of mine!) I took the disc home and it plays fine on my computer, and from my DVD Digital Optical Output through a decoder. It looks beautiful. Why didn't the graphics show?? I think I am going to try the disc again with a friendlier KJ.

Is this the typical "Sound Choice" problem or is it a different problem altogether??

admin
October 24th, 2001, 08:47 PM
I believe others will have to know the disc number to help you. :r

jahern
October 25th, 2001, 08:10 PM
I don't understand your response. I am asking if the symptom is what others are experiencing or if it is different. Knowing the disc number seems to be irrelevant. However, it is 2194. It's a Spanish song disc including the Vicente Fernandez song "Me Voy a Quitar De En Medio"

Once again, even though it is a Sound Choice disc, I am banking on Pilot Error when they tried to play it last Friday. I am very happy to be working with Microstudio. And my stuff works just fine on their equipment, usually.

danny_g
October 26th, 2001, 02:26 PM
It helps to know if it is one of the newer discs or not to know the disc number if it was a recording problem. It would help to know if he uses a manual switch to switch between the video inputs or not as the guy might have forgotten to flip the switch that selects what player it shows the video with. I use to have to do that when I was operating both a laser player and a CDG player in '93.
I switched to just CDG in '95 and in 2000 I added VCD to my CDG to get a song that was only available on laser, DVD, and VCD but wasn't available on CDG. I switched over in '95 because I got tired of having to switch video sorces manually and at the time couldn't afford a Video/Audio Mixing amp until this year. I still don't use the video/audio switcher because of the lag time of the switching as I've started DJing when I run short of song requests otherwise I would just set up with 1 regular cd player, 1 VCD/CDG player the amplifier, speakers and a tv.