PDA

View Full Version : windows XP

kking
October 16th, 2001, 10:24 AM
will microstudio software operate with windows XP?

admin
October 16th, 2001, 02:07 PM
No idea. That is not what our existing clients have. We will worry about it sometime early next year, probably.

Given the problems Microstudo has had with 2000, we're not ready to look at XP. Our position will change at some time and we will seriously look at XP and start working with it.

MTUSUPPORT
October 16th, 2001, 05:30 PM
I have had some clients who have tried it, and it will not work with Windows XP.

gladu2
October 24th, 2001, 09:08 PM
Microstudio support, it would be nice if Microstudio would work with Windows XP.
That operating program is suppose to be much more
stable. My Windows 98 has become very crash
prone. Part of the reason may be because
it's running for longer periods of time now due
to Microstudio program nessesity to decommision
the harddrive auto sleep mode. Is it still
nessesary to turn that mode off ? I would
also like to hear from any users that have
personally upgraded to XP and tried to run
Microstudio. Mike G.

George
October 25th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Mike G

Don't know whic version of windows 98 you have, but most (not all) of my problems with Windows 98 disappeared when I bit the bullet and purshased their upgrade Windows 98 SECOND EDITION. Hated to buy two, but figured there must be a reason for a second edition, and guessed right.

Take care,

George

MTUSUPPORT
October 25th, 2001, 10:09 AM
As to my post above about Microstudio not working with XP, seems to be incorrect. I have had two clients now tell me that they are able to get it to work fine with Windows XP. You just have to make sure that you update the ASPI drivers, which you can find out how to do at: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=493

This is what they have done and it has worked, this will also most of the time make it work on Windows 2000. I have not personally tested Windows XP yet, we were waiting till the new version had been out for a while, and more companies had drivers for hardware to work with it. We are a company that likes to be conservative when it comes to Microsofts new Operating systems, because in the past we have been bitten by being on the leading edge of their technology.

gladu2
November 2nd, 2001, 09:50 PM
Thank you George and MTU Support for your replys.
Yes, I'm running Windows 98, 2nd. edition.
Since my last message about the XP operating
program I found out that XP won't run Roxio
(Adaptec) CD Creator Ver. 4.0. Roxio's solution
is for the user to throw away 4.0 and buy
another version that will be compatable.
I don't find this a palatable solution and
wonder what other third party programs I'd have
to scrap or semi-retire until the right patch
came along. I'll take a wait/see approach as MTU suggests. I'm going to add more memory and
see if things improve, only have 64mb ram.

Mike G.

MTUSUPPORT
November 5th, 2001, 12:17 PM
This is the best way to handle the new upgrades on Operating systems, from Microsoft, because right at first you will have hardware and software that will not run on it. You will need more than 128 mb to upgrade to Windows XP from what I have read. This is the minimum for the OS to run correctly.