PDA

View Full Version : Vcd karaoke please look in

jordon
October 10th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Can any tell me if there is any softwear for coping vcd karaoke discs i have tried some and all i get is the sound and not the graphics my writter is a HP 8200 thanks.

George
October 10th, 2001, 10:29 PM
Assuming your drive is VCD compatible, the last I knew Acer brand drives supported VCD and were bundled with a software put out by Nero. Hopes this points you on the right trail.

Take care

George

Yorkie
October 11th, 2001, 02:45 PM
:)

Jordan
While we don't use VCDs ourselves a mate of mine uses nothing but and has backed up all his collection using Clone CD
software "worth a try"!!

All the best STEVE

jordon
October 12th, 2001, 02:53 AM
Thanks lads i give them both a try.

Lisah
October 12th, 2001, 03:15 AM
I have never heard of the type of file you mention... just .cdg for karaoke. I have done this successfully with Microstudios software and a Plextor CD/RW. During my research to learn how to do this, I found that HP writers aren't compatible with .cdg files. Your model may be different than the one I had, you could call HP and ask (but good luck with that, they wouldn't or couldn't tell me if one of their models supported .cdg files)

cdg=cd+graphics

George
October 12th, 2001, 08:32 AM
Lisah, VCD stands for Video Compact Disc, a format combining audio and graphics. Used primarily as a competitive product to DVD movies, but now also into Karaoke cd's.
Hope this clears up some mud.

Take care,

George

Lisah
October 12th, 2001, 04:15 PM
George, So does that mean the 'v' video part of the file is not just graphics in the sense of written word on the screen, it is also a picture or even a video behind the words on the screen??

danny_g
October 12th, 2001, 04:35 PM
You might want to try Click n burn from cdstomper. I got it at Office Max and it's worth the little amount of cash I spent to get it. My copy came with The label program with it so it was an even better value. The only thing it won't copy is CD+G.

Lisah, I use an HP 8100 which works perfectly for me in burning the CD+G's That I have created so far with KHProducer.

Lisah
October 12th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Danny, Well Iam glad you got a hd burner that supports cdg's... I tried to get them to tell me which model to buy for cdg's but they didn't know.. *L* Oh well, the Plextor I bought with my microstudio burn program works great for ALL my cd burning needs. If someone wants to copy cdg's .. my advice would be to get the Microstudio... One program that supports mulitple types of burning... you wouldn't need ClicknBurn then... which I think writes slower than what it says it's writing at (I have ClicknBurn on my other computer)... the labling program that comes with it didn't work well for me either. And a free labling program comes with every package of AVERY lables. I find it easy to use and lines the print up great with the labels.. (clicknburn didn't)
Anyway, needless to say Iam a happy camper with my Microstudio program
Plextor CD-RW
KHProducer
and Avery labels w/label program

:) :)

TC-Scene
October 13th, 2001, 01:17 PM
The best way to copy vcd is to make an iso/bin/dat image of the disk, and burn cop(y/ies) with that.

Also, just wanted to mention, Adaptec EZ CD 4 and 5 will burn VCD.

jordon
October 14th, 2001, 02:56 AM
I am a bit new at this so when you say Iso/bin/dat image how do i do this and which softwear are you talking about using with this method i would be greatfull if you could give me a bit of a tutorial on this method thanks.
jordon

TC-Scene
October 14th, 2001, 03:39 AM
Well, basically iso, bin, and dat are three different formats of essentially the same thing. a raw data file of the entire contents of a cd. most burning software supports one or more of them.

Ultimately you're creating a "disk image" on the hard drive of the original Video CD, and then burning that image to blank cd(s).
Here's a few links to get you started...

cdrfag.org Lots of info here (http://www.cdrfaq.org/)

vcdhelp.com - Probably more than enough tools/utils and info (http://www.vcdhelp.com)

excel21c
November 11th, 2001, 01:33 PM
http://www.vcdhelp.com/
is the most valuable site for explain what softwares and cd-writers, capture etc.... on burning vcd
good luck !

excel21c

gladu2
November 11th, 2001, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the tip on that link. I learned how to play my VCD's on the computer w/ the Windows Media player. Thought I needed to buy a program in order to do that. Will go back to the link and read more.

Mike G.

Benjamin Kuo
November 26th, 2001, 04:37 PM
I am a new member. Just saw your post. To copy VCD Karaoke discs, try PowerDVD from CyberLink. You can download a 30-day trial version from www.cyberlink-usa.com. It can copy only at a speed of 1x. But that's not a problem. I have tried it, and it works. I believe VCD discs are the kind that have pictures in the background.