PDA

View Full Version : I Want Upgrades And Get No Response

johnydotcom
September 29th, 2001, 05:31 PM
I WANT TO ORDER UPGRADES AND CAN"T GET AN ANSWER!!!
I have tried 3 times to order upgrades for my 4 programs and haven't gotten any response - are my orders going to limbo or what? Somebody get back to me and let me know that something is getting through.

johnydotcom@yahoo.com

MTUSUPPORT
October 1st, 2001, 11:19 AM
I am not the one who actually recieves the orders so that is out of my hands, but if you please email Douglas, so that we can make sure that your orders did get received and that they are not out in "limbo". Please email him at dougc@mtu.com, with your questions, he will probably need your CC# also to find out if you were charged on the website. Please send the Card number in Two emails, with the Exp Date in another email, so it can't intercepted.

Garry A. Leslie
October 2nd, 2001, 07:03 AM
I had a lot of trouble getting the upgrade to Vogone
Website was not responding properly I was told, so I dialed the USA
A 2 minute call and all was sorted out
Brill!

admin
December 24th, 2001, 09:09 AM
Because we have to verify each upgrade order from our web site, it is very time consuming currently. We have many folks who order it without having bought the full version earlier. :e

We are adding new functions to our web site to overcome this problem. These include:

1. We have secured our entire site with the ultimate protection, 128-bit digital certificate encoding: https://www.mtu.com

2. Each customer's record will be on our web site, secured in a highly protected database.

3. We are writing a script that will only present the "Upgrade" product buttons to a client if their database shows they already own the full product. This will eliminate all our manual processing we now must do.

4. We have a new support incident help desk ready to go on-line any day. This will allow you to communciate a problem or desire to us and the help desk will create an incident number (if you have been or do register). The right person for your selected Category is automatically notified to answer your incident. Until the incident is closed, it remains open and in front of the MTU staff member who is to answer it. Now, when we receive emails or even Forum posts, it is difficult to track if we have answered the question or not. This new system should remove that problem.

5. Our software products will soon (expected before 12/31/01) be automatically downloadable as soon as you order and pay for them. Again, until we get our database and script on-line and debugged, a product upgrade cannot be automatically delivered as we still have to manually verify ownership of the product.

6. Once we have the automatic delivery, we will provide free upgrades for bug fixes and minor feature additions. Major new features will be available for the upgrade purchase.

I have posted these details in trying to help others understand that we are respondig. Because of the theft that we experienced mid year, we had to change our upgrade policy. It is not an easy thing to do. This post should help everyone understand the depth we are executing to solve the problem in a way that allows us to grow while providing better support, including upgrades. :)