PDA

View Full Version : Windows 2000 Support

Darlene
September 18th, 2001, 05:02 PM
I downloaded the Demo to see if it would work with my "Fantom Drive (which contains a Plexwriter 16/10/40) Firewire CD-RW" and I got the message that the Demo won't work properly with Windows 2000. I used to use Golden Hawks "CDR-Win" program, but it doesn't recognize my Firewire CD-RW (EZ CD Creator and other programs regonize it though). I wanted to buy your program, but not if it's not compatible with Windows 2000. Please advise.

Thanks

MTUSUPPORT
September 18th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Sometimes it will work with Win2k other times it won't. Thus the reason we had to drop support of Win 2k. You can try to download and update the ASPI drivers located at: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=493

This might help it to work. Try this and then post if it worked or not.

Darlene
September 18th, 2001, 05:54 PM
That worked as far as Windows 2000, but it still refuses to recognize the fact that I have a writer attached to the computer. Now what??

MTUSUPPORT
September 19th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Click the AUDIO button instead of Karaoke. If this works, then this means that your drive doesn't support the Karaoke at all.

Darlene
September 19th, 2001, 07:53 PM
It still doesn't see the CD Drive at all

MTUSUPPORT
September 21st, 2001, 10:35 AM
It may not work with this external firewire drive. I know that we have clients that are using the Pyro Firewire drive, but this one I have never heard of. I am not sure what else to tell you to try.