PDA

View Full Version : I am gettin very frustrated... - writing faster than computer can do

Cosmo
August 8th, 2001, 11:36 PM
Hello I have been trying to record my CDG's for over two weeks since i bought the microstudio. I still have not been able to record any. It stops presenting an error:
Command failed on device 0.0.0., Bad Medium detected 04h 00h 02h 03h 0ch 09h
This was last week today it presents that it can not make a Image file...

I am gettin very frustrated with this program...

What can I do?

Brian Corr
August 9th, 2001, 02:21 AM
.Command failed on device 0.0.0., Bad Medium detected 04h 00h 02h 03h 0ch 09h

You will find that this error is usually a media error. Try slowing your recording speed down or using a good grade CDR media

MTUSUPPORT
August 10th, 2001, 10:52 AM
When you receive this error message it means that there has been a buffer underun. Thus meaning that the data is not being sent from your Hard drive to your CD-R drive fast enough.

Make sure that you have turned on "DMA" on your CD-R drive.

http://www.mtu.com/support/microstudio-install-sheet.htm is the installation checklist that will tell you how to turn on "DMA" and all other changes that should be made.

The problem can also be caused by recording too fast for your computer. To slow down the reading and/or writing speeds for the CDR drive:
Run Microstudio 2.311
Click the Drive menu
Click the Speed Settings command
Click Auto Select off
Select a slower speed

Suggestions: To write faster than 6x-8x your hard drive needs to rotate at 7,200RPM ( Most 40GB and larger drives rotate at 7,200rpm). We test our 16x CDR drives on a lowly Pentium 166MHz with a 9GB 7,200RPM IDE drive with DMA enabled. We never have a problem.