PDA

View Full Version : V2.103 demo doesn't recognize new Plextor PX161040A drive

Frank L.
July 11th, 2001, 07:35 PM
I just downloaded the demo of MicroStudio (version 2.1.0.3). When I loaded in a CDG, a TOC came up, and when I clicked play, the selected track played PERFECTLY, including graphics. But when I try to extract a song from the CD I get a message saying that the CDR is not capable of reading CDG subcodes. If this is true, then how is it possible that the tracks would play perfectly? Is this a settings issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

Frank

admin
July 12th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Frank,

I regret to say that our demo is about 5 months old, and we have had very significant upgrades. The Plextor 1210 and 1610 models are supported in Microstudio V2.303 and higher, not in 2.103.

We should have a new demo of V2.311 on our website around the end of next week, or early the following week. Our full release does work with the Plextor drives, as they are what we buy, test-certify (we reject the drives that fail our tests), and sell.

Please read our notes on CDR drives NOT working with CDG, even though they SHOULD do so. This is at:
http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaokecdr.htm.

Thanks for testing with us and posting your question. :w

Frank L.
July 12th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Thanks for your response. Is version 2.310 an upgrade to 2.303? I ordered v2.310 online last night (didn't get it yet), will that work as well?

Thanks,
Frank

admin
July 16th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Each new release is an upgrade from the immediate prior release. Thus, upgrades are cumulative; all prior upgrades are in the current release.