PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Downloading! - Solved by restoring default browser

professormike044
June 16th, 2001, 10:24 AM
hello, I need some help here!

I can't download the upgrade......I never get the Enter Network Passwords dialog box to appear, so I never get to enter any password or user name!

the link does not work for me....
I've asked before and people still tell me I am entering the wrong user name and password.....BUT, I never even get to see a dialoge box or prompt.

Thanks for your time.

Mike

admin
June 16th, 2001, 11:53 PM
Are you using the standard Windows downloader, or have you installed the "Real Audio" folk's downloader? One client I worked with had the Real downloader and it would not download secured programs. He shut it down and the Windows downloader did the job perfectly.

If you are still having problems Monday, give us a call between 9AM and 5:30PM EST. Or you can try to post exact details of what you are doing. We can't diagnose emotions, only facts. We are sorry you are having problems, but thousands of others are not. The site works. The problem is on you downloading end. We are here to help if you give us as many facts as you can. First try what I have suggested above. We'll get you running one way or another.

professormike044
June 17th, 2001, 07:54 AM
Thank you,

well I guess some application had reset my security settings on my browser, I reset to default and it worked fine!

I feel so stupid.....LOL

Mike

admin
June 17th, 2001, 07:37 PM
"To err is human. To really foul things up takes a computer." It happens to all of us. :w

This is a prime example of why everyone should practice politeness and respect. You were very polite compared to some who burn us to a crisp.

You needed help, I answered with a first round "try this" and it happened to give you direction to solve your problem. That's what we're here for. Thanks for this great example. :g