PDA

View Full Version : Error Message - Reading Disc Cache

Russ
May 30th, 2001, 11:15 AM
I am brand new to MicroStudio and just downloaded version 2.303. I followed the directions and made all of the neccessary changes to my computer (ie turned off auto detection and changed the Vcache). I had previously downloaded the trial version, v2.1 and tested my system with that version, and had no troubles playing a song for the 75 seconds. Now with the new version installed, when I try to play a song the following happens: the screen goes black, then a white arrow appears for about two seconds, then the screen goes black, then I get a brief flash (like it is trying to start the program) and the screen goes back to the Micro Studio window. I have tried this several times and some times I also get a message that says "Error:Unexpected failure reading disc cache File/Disc read error encountered".

Does anyone know why I am getting this message and how can I correct the problem?

I will thank you for your replies now.

Russ

admin
May 30th, 2001, 12:44 PM
Russ, you did an excellent job of providing us with details. I have fired up Support and Engineering to try to duplicate your problem, define what might be causing it and what to do to get you running.

I hope we will have an answer within several days for you.