PDA

View Full Version : Error messages - download to your computer, don't run from website

Country Girl
April 5th, 2001, 02:07 PM
I've attempted to download the V2.103 demo and I get a pop-up box titled "Microsoft Word 97 Conversion", that says, "Unable to load graphics conversion filter", and another titled "Word Pad" that says, "An unexpected error occured while reading C:/Microstudio/Manual/V2.103".
I'm 1 mo. new to computers and my PC is only that old. My OS is Windows 98. I had a PlexWriter 12/10/32A, TLA 1.08 installed. I have successfully burned a CDG when I downloaded Clonecd demo, so I know my that my PlexWriter works. I will say that I thought your setup would allow me to burn disc-to-disc, so my first attempt was done that way. After reading more in your forum, I understand that's not possible. Before trying again I need to understand the error msgs. rec'd when trying to read your manual that is not available for the above reasons. I have 128MB SDRAM, and the DXDIAG.exe program. Let me know if more info is needed re: my PC.
Thank's for your help,
Country Girl

admin
April 9th, 2001, 08:47 AM
I believe you are trying to "run" the demo from our site. Instead, make sure you click "save this program to disk" so it downloads to your computer where you can then install it.

As to the manual, it is in a "Package for web delivery" format. When you download it to your computer (save to disk as mentioned above), double click it to install it as a .DOC file on your computer. Once this is done, you can then open it in Microsoft Word, or Write. Notepad doesn't handle graphics, so it won't open it correctly.