PDA

View Full Version : do I need two Cdroms?

Sonofjoral
March 19th, 2001, 10:54 PM
I bought a Sony 140e and I have a regular 32 speed cd rom
Can I back up my cd+g with the one dirve (140e) by swaping disk..??or do I have to buy another drive just to do the reading? ( also I downloaded the demo and the playback was all messed up the sound worked but the words were scambled and overlaped. But I really dont care about that the main thing is can I back up cd+g with one drive????help!!IF I need another drive what is a CHEAP drive to do this?

admin
March 20th, 2001, 05:46 AM
Microstudio only uses one drive for backup. Thus, a single CDR is all that is needed.

Microstudio will recognize the Sony 140e, but we have found it be very unreliable for reading/writing the CDG format. Thus, I would not expect you to be successful with that drive. Run the Microstudio demo and see if you can read a karaoke CDG disc in the Custom Assembly Tab. If it can read in several tracks (only the first 60 seconds will read in) and then write these "partial tracks" back to a CDR blank disc. Take this to your karaoke player and see if the graphics an lyrics are correct. If not, you need a different CDR drive.

Forgive my warnings, but the single largest problem we have is with folks who buy a CDR elsewhere. We DO NOT recommend or suggest using the Sony CDR drive. We only recommend and support the CDR drives that MTU sells.