PDA

View Full Version : Noisy CD

cybersal
March 17th, 2001, 07:33 PM
Before submitting this request for help, I checked to see if there was a posting on noisy CD problem relating to either Microstudio or Vogone and could not find any. So here's my problem:

Recently I tested the 2.103 demo version of Microstudio to work with Vogone and everything was fine. Next, I purchased and downloaded the Microstudio 2.200 (without demo'ing this version first) to work with Vogone and noticed a noisy CD in the playback (makes a scratchy sound). I did a test to see if it was due to a dirty CD recorder lens by copying some songs from the original music CD to a blank CDR. It came out clear and crisp without any noise. But when I processed the songs using MS 2.200 and Vogone, there was some scratchy noise here and there within EVERY song. The noise level differs between each song, some worse than others.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the problem is with my CD-Recorder (HP CD-Writer Plus, 9100 Series) or with the brand of blank CD-R that I'm using.

Need help.

cybersal

admin
March 18th, 2001, 09:49 AM
1. Read in some tracks (using Microstudio's Custom Assembly Tab) from an Audio CD.

2. Don't process with Vogone.

3. Write them back to a blank CDR as an Audio CD.

4. Play this Audio CD in your player

5. Report back here with a Reply Post as to whether this Audio CD is noisy or not.

In diagnosing any problem, you can only have one variable at a time. Your post has 2 variables. The 5 steps above remove Vogone as a variable, and just tests Microstudio V2.200 on your system. Once we isolate whether Microstudio V2.200 is causing the scratchy sound or not, we can then address whether Vogone is the source of the noise.

cybersal
March 20th, 2001, 01:04 AM
I followed your instructions and the songs came across crystal clear, no scratchy sound. Apparently, MS 2.200 is not the source of the problem. What next?

admin
April 9th, 2001, 08:09 AM
Sorry for the delay. :e

Now take a song that you have written successfully to a CD, and process it with Vogone. Play the processed song in any CD player you have on your computer, such as the Windows Media Player. If this sounds scratchy, then Vogone is causing the problem.